1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question About Housekeeping

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by crussader, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas, I sleep from 4:30am to 12:30pm and am out of the room about 1:30pm. As a result, my room is never available for housekeeping service during the normal times.

Is there any way to get service, given my hours? I have raised the issue at check-in before, but nothing gets done.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That's weird you have that problem, especially in Vegas. We regularly leave our room pretty late and its always made up. What hotel?

Nonetheless the easiest is to just ring housekeeping when you're leaving your room and ask for it to be made up or tell a maid if you see her in the hallways.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably not at the Quad... but at a normal hotel (sorry Makikiboy) I'm quite sure housekeeping could accommodate you. I know at the Hard Rock, the maids don't even show-up on the floor till close till 10 a.m. and I almost always see carts in the hallway 4-5 p.m. It's really not unusual at all for people to sleep in during Vegas visits.

Ok...Ok... I'm sure they can accommodate you at The Quad too!!!

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems strange.:confused2: The maids are still on the floor at ~4PM at our hotel.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes too much sense. No wonder I didn't think of that. :doh:

Thanks for the tip.

6. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, too, tend to leave my room after 1pm most days. I always call Housekeeping and let them know my room is ready to be cleaned. I started calling after my room at Bellagio was not cleaned 2 days in a row. Since I've been calling, they always clean the room, regardless of what time I call. The only issue I've ran into is once I called, and came back 4 hours later, and they were just cleaning it - this was at Aria.

7. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At both the Paris and Planet Hollywood, if my do not disturb is on into the afternoon I will get a call to see if I need maid service that day.

8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second calling down to housekeeping. Usually we're out by 11 anyway but if we're later than that we will let housekeeping know directly. I've found front desk and housekeeping don't necessarily communicate.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know some hotels make multiple passes in the day, once in the morning and once in the mid afternoon. I think that happenned at the El Cortez.

As the chicken mentioned, you can always call housekeeping to have them do your room. I did that a few years ago, had housekeeping come in at 6 pm to do the sheets because a friend laid on my bed and was dirty since we went to RR canyon, idiot just plopped down even though he was dirty.

10. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aria makes this easy as pie. They have a "Privacy" button and a "Service" button just inside the door. I tap the privacy button when I come in for the night and I tap the service button when I leave for the day.

Never had an issue with someone coming in while I slept or returning to unclean room.

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the QUAD HOTEL recently

I stayed three nights at the Quad. I kept the do not disturb sign on my door.

I would leave a written note at my door if I needed clean towels or something else.

One day I saw the cleaning lady and I asked for clean towels. She told me that if she didn't clean my room that she wouldn't get paid for not cleaning my room. So
    I let her clean my room so she could get credit for cleaning the room.

The only proof she had was to use my room telephone to prove she cleaned my room.

When I stayed at the Flamingo Hotel the maid had to use the room telephone so she could get paid for cleaning my room.

I do call housekeeping sometimes but most of the time I just leave a note asking for something I need on my room door.

In the future I plan to let the cleaning lady clean my room everyday so she can get credit.
    I was also informed by a cleaning lady that if I would choose not to have my hotel room cleaned..... that she would then have to clean another hotel room in place of mine. I was trying to help the cleaning ladies by making their work lighter by not having my room cleaned every day. Now I realize I am creating a problem for them if I do that. From now on I plan to make sure they clean my room so they can get paid for cleaning my room. LucyR.

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we always keep the DND sign on the door when we're in the room and when we leave the room for the day, whatever time that is, I just call down to housekeeping and let them know my room is ready for service. sometimes that's 7am, sometimes that's 5pm. when I get back, the room is always done.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That's so weird, I never knew their pay was based on how many rooms they cleaned. I wonder if that's a CET thing or all hotels. Maybe that explains why they were so gung ho about cleaning our suite at PH. I swear it was like she was hanging out in front of our door every morning and every time I opened it or walked out for a bit (while my gf was still sleeping) she'd be right there asking if she could make up the room.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope somebody with actual knowledge can clarify this. We don't use housekeeping for a 4 night stay. I used to call down to housekeeping and tell them what extra things we needed for stay and tell them we didn't need service for the room.

Then someone on VMB posted that if you do that, the maid is assigned extra rooms. So, I just started catching her in the hall and telling her what extras we needed, w/o calling downstairs.

I hope someone can post a definitive answer.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  15. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you're in a hotel for a few days, I believe that you're a lower priority for the time of day your room will be cleaned. Logically they'll work on the rooms that someone is vacating.

We both like to take a mid afternoon break, though at separate times. If the room hasn't been made up by 2:30, it's an inconvenience to us. I regret that the maid doesn't get paid but it's my vacation so I've now started declining room service. The next day I leave a better tip.

Doing this I know they might call to confirm that we don't want the room done which may cause our rest to be disturbed anyway.

I hate to cut the maid off from her pay. If I could call and reasonably expect them to service the room within a two hour period, I'd be happy.

It would be nice to hear from someone who actually knows the system.

16. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda the same thing with my suite at PH. I had the DND sign on the whole time yet each morning they would call to see if I needed housekeeping. I never let housekeeping in my room.

17. Patripman

Patripman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay based on cleaning rooms is not the norm with most if not all major Las Vegas hotels or for that matter the industry. I work in the industry and for the past many years as a rooms manager. Each housekeeper is given a board, which indicates their assigned rooms for the day. The board assignments vary form hotel to hotel but the industry standard is either 18 regular rooms or 13 suites or 8 VIP suites per housekeeper per shift. Most CET properties keep the same staff on designated floors and if their unionized staff they bid on the better areas of the hotel such as suites or newer sections, like comparing Ballys north and south towers.

When I travel I normally dont like daily housekeeping services so I either call the housekeeping office or let the housekeeper assigned to the area that I either want services or no service for the day. The one problem all housekeepers face is the "Do Not Disturb" sign, when that is on the door they are not to knock or disturb the guest. On their daily rooms board there is several columns 1. C/O-- checking out, 2. S/O-- staying over, 3. VIP services, 4. DND- do not disturb. Most places utilize the in-room phone system for the housekeepers to document their presence within the room and there is also supervisors making rounds checking the boards. and inspecting rooms.

p

18. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the Front Desk or Housekeeping when leaving the room. Informing the FD agents at check-in doesn't help unless you're at an ultra-luxury hotel (ex. Aman Resort) or VERY well managed hotel, even then it's a hit or a miss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.