1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Caesars TotalRewards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by johnnytwofingers, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spent 4 nights in Vegas and am now checking my Total Rewards points online.

When I was there, I spent 90% of my gambling time playing 3 card poker, the rest being mostly blackjack, with a little video roulette and video poker thrown in. When I was playing 3 card poker, I typically started out slow at $20 per hand ($5 each on Bonus, Pair Plus, Ante, Play Ante) but would normally bump that up to $35 to $60 per hand after an hour or so. I spent a fair amount of time gambling, so I know I put in AT LEAST 20 hours at Flamingo on 3 card poker.

I have no idea how to read my account statement, here it is:

My account shows:
    Tier=Gold
    Tier Score=780
    Reward Credits=1316

My Win/Loss Statement shows:

Bally's Game Win/(Loss) +$78 (This would be Roulette, indicates I *won* $78, and I actually lost $110, it was video roulette, so I would have expected it would know exactly)
    Flamingo Game Win/(Loss): -$390 (So, it is indicating I lost $390....if anything, I'd say I actually *won* $390)

(I don't know if the Win/Loss statement should show each session, or just a summary per property)

I would expect there would be some indicator of how much $ I gambled, presumably being [TimePlayed] x [AverageBet], which for table games would of course be an estimate - is that what TierScore or RewardCredits is supposed to indicate?

I'm a bit confused how they would track your table game play. I know they ring you in when you sit down, and perhaps make a one time note of your bet level (and unless you are betting big, I'd suspect that's the end of it), and then I guess *try* to make a note of when you leave, but I think that would be pretty hard to track properly, unless perhaps you are assigned a seat in the computer, and the dealer pushes a button to indicate a player has left a particular seat.

One time I noticed a dealer explicitly notified the pit boss of "money in" when I bought additional chips, but only once, and never noticed them do this for anyone else.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone is familiar enough with TotalRewards to know if it seems my play was tracked correctly, and if there's any chance of getting any rooms comped in the future?

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bottom line tables games is time verse amount of bet,the will average your bet over the course of time thats what they punch into computer. p.s some place dont realy rate bj unless 25 $ per hand minium.

your teir is gold and you have 780 tier credits ,you need 4ooo to reach your next level.

and 1360 is 13.60$ is what they gave you in your acount ,its for food or anything you want

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really want to know what CET thinks of you, login and play around with the rate calendar for vegas hotels, and see if there are comps coming up, which properties they are for. and whether you typically get Fri-Sat or just weeknights.

The rewards credits will always be small time, and I don't really think tiers would be worth it for you to chase.

4. xixmerxix

xixmerxix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    win/loss statement

I thought the win/loss statement for CET only comes once a year. Has this changed or was this given after your stay? I remember mLife having this information available on their site (when it worked) and thought it was a great way to "see" where you played and for how much. [and then you see the negative signs and realize "how much" :cry:]

i remember reading that mLife rates your play (at or above $25) for a set amount (i think 280 tier credits per hour) does CET do the same?

5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your Win/Loss statement must be your play in 2011,not current.I tried myself today and all I can bring up is the year 2011.Also the faq's on the website state that CET issues these once per year and not per visit.So that explains why your play on the recent trip does not seem correct.

I'm sure your offers will include at least 2 nights comped midweek,and when searching for nights,try finding the calander rates w/o Promo codes and see what comes up. I have a similar level/tier points as you and booked 4 nights comped at the Rio,as opposed to the offer code of 2 comped nights.. Good Luck!

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are often similar posts in the COMPS section about how Total Rewards works. Also, visit totalrewards.com

7. johnnytwofingers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya their web page is broken, 2012 is not selectable on the access screen. You have to open 2011, copy the url, open a new tab, and paste that URL in, then you can change the year to 2012.

My 2011 report shows: No data for selected gaming period

My 2012 report shows: Here is your requested gaming history statement for the year ending December 31,2012
    ....followed by the numbers I posted above.

So if I am understanding what people are saying, there is no way of knowing how much you are rated for, and you just have to login and check room prices and then you can maybe get a "feel" for how they've rated you?

Does anyone know about some of my other questions....like, how do they determine how long I am at a table, and what hands am I playing during that time? (ie: if I get up and leave, and someone sits in my spot right away, they'd have to be pretty on top of their game to notice in all seats at all tables who are still the original people who checked in with their players cards and who are new people who have sat down.)

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you knew EXACTLY how you were rated, it would not always equal "x" amount of free rooms. Sometimes you will hear about somebody that played $20 and is getting free rooms. Or somebody else that played a thousand and getting discounted rooms. They marketing wheel will turn up and down based on various factors.

The most important is almost always your ADT. Then it factors in their current marketing plans. Of course, on certain days, almost nobody will get free rooms due to other demands.

9. johnnytwofingers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like either there are variables we are not aware of, or, that this variance is because they often don't have any accuracy in rating people. I can't figure how they accurately calculate ADT, it seems to me it would be too difficult tracking both variables, time spent and dollars wagered.

10. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's one of the table games supervisor's main jobs to log in and log out players that are using a players card. So yes, they make a real effort to watch for when you leave the table and to record your total win/loss for the session (you'll note how they always need to know how much you bought in for, if you brought chips to the table, etc.) The recording of your average bet is a much fuzzier process, but they are supposed to watch periodically and see if you are betting more or less than when you started.

At your level, it doesn't matter a lot, but you can always ask the supervisor how they has you rated on your average bet when you leave.

It doesn't surprise me at all that your YTD report could be wildly inaccurate.

11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most of the table game players on here that care enough about how they are rated just basically check with the pit boss and ask what avg bet they were rated at for the session (I've never bothered with this). But I think its generally bigger players who do that.

But as others said, it is tough to get from that rating level to knowing exactly what you can expect in terms of offers.

Looking at the calendars, it is never as simple as "you are good for up to X dollars off the cost of a room", where you could extrapolate a rating. Sometimes I'll have a comp offered at Ballys but not Flamingo (or vice versa), but if I look in the calendar while logged out the room rates will be the same/similar.

As for how they calculate ADT, for table game players I'm pretty sure this is just built off the pit bosses estimates. He puts in how long you played and avg bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.