1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Queen at Hard rock

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Willy Makeamess, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willy Makeamess

Willy Makeamess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to book tickets for Queen at the Hard Rock and keen to learn more about Adam Lambert who will be fronting for them.
    Haven't heard of him before and a quick wee google search on him brought up mentions of glee which in turn made me a bit wary!
    I know Freddie Mercury's a hard act to follow,probably impossible,but has this guy got it?
    Cheers.
    :beer:

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be excited to see Queen. My wife would be excited to see Adam Lambert.

If there ever was anyone that could attempt to fill Freddie's shoes, it would be Adam Lambert. He's got the vocals and he ALMOST has as much flair for entertaining as Mercury. I'm guessing he puts on a great show.

We thought it was crazy that he didn't win his season of American Idol.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard it's is a good show. I was lucky enough to see the real Queen twice, once as a warm up band and once as a headliner. Love their music. Personally I wouldn't see this version but if you like the music I'm sure it would be fun.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely agree! :thumbsup:

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I picked up The Crown Jewels, a boxed set of Queen's first 8 albums. Sorry I never got a chance to see Freddy Mercury in concert, but I would like to see this show.

6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is what it is, the 2 guys in quenn want to play music , the paul rodgers thing was beat to death so they choose a young guy who can sing who is flambouyant like freedie who they hope will atract a younger generation who have never heard of queen, will it work we shall see.

ps adam came from american idol , his carrier is a bit stalled so maybe its a win win who both or they will part ways right after if the tour stiff, if im in town ill probaly check it out.but nothing comes close to the real freddie who i had the pleasure of seeing many times.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with all due respect please dont flame me probaly should have won but he was gay and in the world we live in simon cowell and 19 produtions picked who is most marketable, yes its a shame but its still the real world we live in.

rember clay akin keept it quite for along time even though it was the wurst kept secret.

best thing that happend to daughtry was not winning , he diddnt have to sign his life way to a one sidded recording and mgnt deal.he got real lucky.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lambert is a real talent and he can be flamboyant in the same way as Mercury. He has real stage presence and I can imagine him fitting in well with Queen. He probably should have won AI but having to play coy on his orientation and coming off as arrogant most likely hurt all chances. I can't even remember who he lost to. This isn't his first run with Queen. I would be shocked if you can't track down a video or at least a review.

The video from his biggest single to date:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X1Fqn9du7xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. doolittle49

doolittle49 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Queen + Adam Lambert: iHeartRadio Music Festival Las Vegas on you tube.

10. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure why, but when I place the link inside the youtube brackets, it is just showing as an error.

Here is a clip from a concert here in London where Adam is performing with Queen

Here is a clip from a concert here in London where Adam is performing with Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj28aJglrTg

I'm too young to have known the original Queen, but I am obviously aware of them, and have seen concerts on television.

Think he does a great job, and I would definitely try to see this if it was on whilst I was in Vegas.

Double digits!
  11. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There'll never be another Freddie Mercury but this incarnation of Queen with Adam Lambert looks good!

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband is a big classic rock lover. I think the surviving members of the band would have been careful in this idea. They're not trying to replace Freddie because if they were, they would have done it a long time ago. He's been dead over 20 years, poor guy. I get the feeling the rest of the band saw an opportunity to do the music they enjoyed so much and maybe pay tribute to their friend. I can't imagine Freddie wanted the show to stop, he was a show must go on kind of guy.

I get the feeling this Adam guy has had to hold himself back. I get the feeling he can let it all out as part of Queen. I suspect if anybody can get close to being as Freddie as Freddie, it might be Adam Lambert. The only way to know is to go check out the show.

13. Willy Makeamess

Willy Makeamess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies folks.
    looks like this could be a cracking gig so roll on the 5th july.
    :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.