1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quality 2nd tier or B level shows?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bigpatpunisher, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've asked a similar question in the far past, with some good advice given. I figure it's worth another shot. I'm seeking suggestions for good non-marquee shows. B level, afternoon, 2nd tier, etc. I've seen a decent amount of headliners in recent years, but I'd prefer something new instead of repeating shows.

Of those 2nd tier shows, I've already seen Mac King, Vegas! The Show, Zombie Burlesque, Popovich Pet Theater, and Raiding the Rock Vault. Unfortunately Human Nature is dark next week.

I'm open to any type of entertainment. Thanks in advance!

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month I saw "V-The Ultimate Variety Show" at the V Theatre inside the Miracle Mile Shops (PHo). Got VIP tix from Travelzoo for $50 each, included a pre-show drink, souvenir photo and reserved seats front row center. Travelzoo also has $30 GA tickets. Really fun show. If you enjoy America's Got Talent at all, you should enjoy V.

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Elvis is back at Harrahs 8/31. M-W-F 2-6. Maybe not tier 2 but show is free.piano bar

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was pleasantly surprised with V Variety show, it was pretty good. So was Vegas the Show. Both are pretty cheap and what I'd call "B" level. Also Jeff Civillico puts on a good show. He's temporarily at the Flamingo while the Linq theater is remodeled.

5. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, it was recently announced that Jeff Civillico is going to permanently move to the Flamingo, with one show (I think) per day at 5:30, starting Sept. 20.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. The theater they have him in now at the Flamingo is a lot smaller than the one he was in at the Linq, I wonder if that will be his permanent home or if there is another theater there he will be moved to...

7. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked his website and Vegas.com again, and they both still show him returning to the Linq in September. In any case, the clips look entertaining. I'll likely check it out.

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed Vegas the Show. Truly great show. Dancing, singing and history of Vegas. I might actually see it again.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a kick out of Hitzville!

10. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on that.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the evil dead show any good? I love the movie series but I either forget or I'm busy on the nights it's running. Seems like a fun show.

12. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this post! I was so consumed with trying to find a show for my wife and I to go to and all the A list shows seemed boring to us. There are like 4 shows listed here that we will have to decide which ones we go to. Awesome!

13. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm taking my mom for the first time in October and trying to decide on a show for her. I've seen Hitzville and V! Variety Show both were great but...Is VEGAS the show close to Jubilee!?

I felt Jubilee! was the quintessential Vegas show. Haven't seen the revamped version.

14. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right, he's staying at the Flamingo. I saw him there last month because I had two free tickets for being diamond, and it was good, family quality fun. Though it was weird watching a "family" show after seeing X Burlesque in that same theatre last trip :wink2:

I really want to see X Comedy, which is at the Flamingo. It's got that Pip the dragon guy from America's Got Talent and that James Bean guy who did the intermission comedy when I saw X Burlesque. Both are funny guys, so it should be a good show

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas the Show is quite good. Jubilee is very bad. IMHO at least.

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For comedy clubs it's really hit and miss depending on who's performing. You just never know. When we went to X Burlesque the comedians were horrible. And even with an MC telling a few jokes, a warm up comic and the headliner AND a couple of burlesque numbers the show was only 65 minutes. Add bad drink service and it was a waste of money even though we paid just a few bucks and it included a drink. Brad Garrett's seems to get a higher level of comic plus he performs there fairly often himself (although usually more in an MC role so it's not like you see his whole stand up act).

17. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raiding the Rock Vault at Trop was great for the price.

Got Travelzoo tix last year for around $40 and sat in booth near front.
    May go see it again in December.

18. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Hitzville, and Frank Marino's Divas! , Crazy Girls was ok too (if you don't mind corny jokes by the emcee and topless girls ) ,Australian BeeGees' were also very good!

19. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoy Gordie Brown at the GN...very entertaining and funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.