1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Q CET Birthday Bonus RCs + Thoughts re Low Roller LV vs AC in August

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Flowers, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My birthday is next month and I recently received a better-than-more-recent-but-still-not-as-good-as-last-year offer of $400 in Free Play + $300 in Birthday Bonus Reward credits. Was curious if anyone has received these "birthday bonus" reward credit offers. I read the fine print online and it appears it basically is like resort credit but reward credits instead, which I prefer as I would just likely convert the $300 in reward credits into free play. It's not 1 for 1 but the Seven Stars exchange rate is not bad.

After my July 4th trip I'm totally annoyed with CET. Won't get into the details here but because of work, being annoyed with CET and other reasons I cancelled my Seven Stars August/LV experience trip. Work craziness may prevent an August trip but if things clear up I was thinking about a shorter (for me) solo low roller trip. I'd do two days with this offer, two days downtown or at Palace Station (got some offers from there from one heavy play period in June/July), and two days back at CET for another offer, which will likely be $250 in resort credit or $300+ in free play.

AC will never be LV but AC IMO is especially fun in the summer. AC in August is all filled with CET multiplier promos (3x to 100x RCs every Thursday in August) decent free play every 3 days, concerts, boardwalk stuff, etc. etc. + the great Seven Stars lounge. And the cost for me to go is basically zero.

I have a much bigger LV bankroll now than I typically had a few years ago but I like low rolling trips and taking advantage of promos. If I went to LV in August, this would not be filled with expensive meals and concerts but basically eating comped CET buffets and elsewhere + comped Qua, etc.

Curious as to folks' thoughts. I guess this is a variation of Packer's question about can one reduce their level of play. For me I guess the answer to that question is yes but the change wouldn't be huge but rather more like going from 10-play quarters to sticking to 3 play quarter VP. I love BINGO so I'd mix that in and $25 3/2 BJ at Palace Station, especially if I use that as my place to stay 2 days in between CET stays.

If I make that trip I'm effectively firing my current CET host :thumbsdown: before the trip and will just book everything on my own. Won't bother with CET limo one way each (that I'd have to have a host comp off, etc. etc.) but would just do the $28 shared limo ride that VMBers have raved about. I won't NO play but I'll give CET minimal play.

Thoughts? Curious if others have made similar choices recently.

Just realized I have a 2 night mid-week comped offer for Cosmo. No terrace but I might pay for an upgrade to get a terrace mid-week. Hhhhhm. Thinking . . . especially if I can get a cheap flight . . .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you think you are firing your host by booking everything yourself, you are coded to a host and he/she will get credit for your play.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about that. I need to get a new host then and I will definitely need a new one for my Christmas to New Years trip. Actually en route to AC now. Decided at the last minute to go for a few hours. Extra free play this weekend for a total of 450. Would be nice to even just double that, have a couple of glasses of wine in the seven stars lounge and head back home.

Do you have a CET host you would recommend?

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host of 5 years recently left the business, so I don't have a recommendation. I have a new host, but haven't worked with him long enough to form an opinion.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sent you a PM Flowers.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Newmans and thanks Jgates. I got your PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.