1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Public House / Yardbird - Venetian

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, May 27, 2016.

1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone eaten at either? I'm looking to put together a dinner for 12, and these are on my list. I'd appreciate any thoughts on both places.

Thanks!

2. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to most Yardhouses in SoCal, good food with tons of beer options. It's always busy with people socializing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a Yardbird in the Venetian, not a Yard House. There's a Yard House not too far away at the LINQ. Which one are you considering?

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an excellent meal at the Public House with some friends. The drink/wine//beer menu is quite overwhelming. So many options to choose from. We passed our plates around and all the dishes were delicious.

5. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yardhouse outside of the Linq was excellent in early March. Food and drinks were top notch

6. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I meant Yardbird, not Yardhouse. Now if I can figure out how to change the title.......

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fixed it for you.

8. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the Yardbird during my last trip for lunch (Jan 2016), and thought it was just "OK." Our table tried to get a variety of things to get a little taste of everything. The portions are relatively large. I think some of them are meant for two people.

If I recall correctly, soda was by the bottle/can. Kind of a bummer if you enjoy soda with your fried chicken or wings.

The food was fine, it just wasn't so awesome that I'd want to go back.

9. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between the two, it really depends on what type of meal you want. I'd look over the menus and see what food you think the group would enjoy more.

I've eaten several time at Yardbird. It's not my favorite place at V/P, for a similar price point, I prefer Emeril's Table 10 at Palazzo. But, I've had good meals there. A lot of items are large enough to share, like the chicken/waffles/watermelon. If your group doesn't like fried chicken, probably not a good choice. If they enjoy comfort, Southern food, could be a winner.

At Public House the menu is more eclectic, from poutine to welsh rarebit. I think your bill could be a bit higher here than Yardbird. Although I've looked over their menu several times, I've yet to eat there. At V/P, if I'm looking for a good steak, I'll head down Restaurant Row to Delmonico. If I'm hungry for seafood, I'll go next door to AquaKnox. Great selection of beer if your group wants try some different ones.

10. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to eat at Public House every trip. Good food, huge selection of drinks, and nice atmosphere. Haven't tried Yardbird yet. We also like to eat at I Love Burgers. More casual atmosphere and we love the fried pickles.

11. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

Not sure what the culinary preferences are for the group but I've never ever had a guest of mine complain about Sushi Samba at V/P; DB Brasserie, and Lavo were also excellent on my most recent stay. I've been to Yardbird but wasn't keen on the menu options. Good luck on your choice...I am confident you'll net out happily.