1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Public House @ Luxor

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by StephGrahamKC, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used my Travelzoo.com voucher for Public House @ Luxor and it was terrible!!!!! We had such a bad experience with both the food and service that we just wanted to get the heck out of there and not even address management which we could already tell didn't care. The only thing I would ever consider getting here again would be a beer at the bar!!!!!
    :grrr:

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eek. Not good news. My cousins gave me one of those certificates for xmas.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one as well. What were the problems?

4. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear you had a crummy experience at the Public House at the Luxor we have enjoyed our meals both times we ate there. We did have slow service one trip and great service the other (the trips were in October and December); management was walking around in October when we were there randomly asking tables how everything was; didn't notice this in December. We did enjoy the food on both occasions... I think with food it depends on what your tastes are so can vary greatly person to person. I've had both turkey burgers with a side order of fries once, and sweet potatoe fries the other time and enjoyed the meals the burgers weren't dry they were nice and moist. DH has had the Asian salad and the burger seemed to me he enjoyed his meal both times.

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW a complete polar opposite from our experience over Christmas, but we were served at the bar not the restaurant itself so that could be the difference.

Cosmo Christmas
  6. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Not good to hear. I have a certificate I haven't cashed in yet. What food did you order? And what were the problems.

7. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what went wrong: the bar was packed, the restaurant part not so much. We were seated in the bar area, which had almost every table taken as well as the side booths. We were seated and had a very nice young lady come say she would be right back to take our drink orders. I think she had every table in the entire bar, while the other servers stood around and watched her work, including her manager. She was seriously working her butt off!!!! She finally got a second to come over and she took our drink orders and suggested 2 appetizers: the BBQ Nachos and the chicken wings. Both tasted good and came out at average to below average speed, but we really didn't mind much because we were watching the game. After we ate the apps, we didn't order dinner right after, just because we were so full from the apps. We sat and watched the game and our waitress did check on us a few times to make sure we were ok. I simply cannot get over how busy this young lady was and how her fellow co-workers and managers just stood around the watched!!!! I think this aspect of our experience is what upset us so much. After we finally felt like we were ready to eat, we ordered the servers suggestions: Steak Frites and the salmon. An entire quarter of football went by (30-40mins) before our food came to us. The steak was the smallest portion of steak I have ever seen, maybe 4-5 small thin slices. The salmon was a good portion and was cooked well, but the topping they put on the top was stone cold which made the entire dish seem cold. We were so tired of waiting that we ate what we could and asked for our bill. Not once did a member of management even come by to check on us, or anyone besides our waitress take our dirty dishes. With the addition of a drink each and good tip on the amount we would of spent, we shelled out another $50.00 on top of the $50.00 spent on the voucher. Again, I would not eat here again but I would sit at the bar and have a drink. They did have a nice beer selection and the bar atmosphere was good. There are just too many good places to eat in vegas that I cannot justify choosing this place again.

8. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is too much competition in Vegas for properties to let this occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.