1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Proposing at the Vegas Sign

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by garyrose23, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyrose23

garyrose23 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this specific example, but I am thinking or proposing at the vegas sign. I have been three times to Vegas and never made it, and am going in April with my partner and its her first time, and has always wanted to see the sign. Seems a perfect opportunity to make it a special place for both of us.

Was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the logistics.

Best time to go, best lighting for photos, time to avoid the crowd, to make it more intimate/less busy? As I haven't been, I am worried about not knowing exactly how it will go down.

Any locals fancy a few quid for taking out photos? haha

Thanks in advance.

G

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I passed by there a week ago and the whole parking area is tore-up and being expanded. The place looked far more chaotic than usual, but that ought to all be redone in good shape by then. I've past by a many different times during the day and mornings and evenings seem a little less busy. The sign face south, so the sun would be up and a little behind the person taking the photo.

3. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip, I was there after 7 am and it was empty. Lighting was good. [​IMG]

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its on the strip in the middle of a busy road with lots of other people standing around taking pictures.

Not that I am the king of romance but that would probably not be my choice as a place to propose when they are so many other places in or near town that would be better.

5. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there last year I went early (around 7 am) and it was pretty empty, just one other family there.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time I was there, there were a bunch of folks there. People sort of queue up (to use your vernacular) and take their turns posing taking pictures. It's organized chaos. There is almost always either some entrepreneur person offering to take your picture for a couple dollars (quid won't work) or you'll be asked to take pictures of the person in front of in the queue and the person behind you in the queue returns the favor by taking your picture.

The sign is an iconic place in Vegas and a great place to put a ring on your girl's finger.

Congratulations!

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earth cams has a live web cam of it on their site, so your family and friends can watch

8. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would you want to pay someone in squid to take a picture? Oh wait a minute, that says quid. My bad. :)

9. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Gary!

We did our Vow Renewal at the Welcome Sign with Elvis! Our anniversary is 12/26 and we renewed on that day at about 8pm... With the right photographer and editing, night shots are gorgeous because if there are other folks, they can be edited out easily! I'd recommend maybe doing a "strip tour" (not sure where you're staying, but if it's near the north end of the strip (Wynn, Palazzo, SLS, Stratosphere , TI, etc...)... you could have a limo pick you up and cruise south down the strip, ending at the sign (which is near the south end, by Mandalay Bay).

There is parking for limos (or was, I know another poster said they have the parking lot torn up, so check into that)... and Presidential Limos is pretty awesome, $69 for an hour in a stretch (should be plenty of time to cruise the strip, stop at the sign and back to your hotel) and it includes a bottle of sparkling + a long stem red rose. They are fabulous and their limos are clean!

If you two love Vegas, I think this would be a magical moment! Enjoy and share with us how it goes, won't you?

To Luck in Love,

-MrsFuri

734848_10151182912947742_1198870040_n.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.