1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Proper TR - 4/29-4/30

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AceTen, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So, after reading other people's trip reports, I realized how sucky mine was, and wanted to do a proper one. So, here goes...

Arrived around 1:30pm on 4/29, had plans for a cocktail party for conference function at 5:30pm at MIX, so thought I would get a few hours of gambling in. Headed over to PH, nothing but bad luck. -8k in about an hour. Was playing 200 per hand with +100 progression.

Jumped in a cab and headed over to Mandalay Bay, where I was staying for the conference. Played some low level BJ before heading to the conference events. Left the tables with 1.5k left in my pocket.

After dinner sat down at a $25 table with a group of guys from the conference. Started out playing $100 hand with a $50 progression. As i did better, I increased the progression. Went to $200 starting, with $100 progression. Then 1k starting with $500 progression. The finally 2k starting with 1k progression. At one point was up to about 60k, but left the table with 20k in my pocket.

Next day, conference in the morning. Headed back to the table before heading to the airport. Started with $400 for fun, ended up with 20k in chips in front of me, hit a few bad table limit double ups, and walked away down 10k. At this point, I'm even for the trip.

Moved tables, bought in for 5k, lost it quickly. Pulled out my last 5k with 40 minutes left till I needed to leave for the airport. Hit a killer shoe, and in about 30min, walked away with 45k from the table. Not a bad ending to a trip! Now... I just need to get better at walking away from the table when I'm up!

2. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the extra details! That's a heck of a swing.

One question though- Is the progression when you win a hand or lose it?

3. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I win a hand. When you lose, you go back to your starting point. If yo win, you add another denomination chip that you're currently playing with.

4. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the clarification, and I forgot earlier: Congrats on the win!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.