1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Print out reservations?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Guardian, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian

Guardian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So when you book these rooms you just print out the reservation from the rewards section and then take them with you to the hotel?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Treat just like any other hotel room you book. I personally forward myself the email confirmations to myself so I'll have them on my phone, just in case I need them.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're probably overly paranoid, but we print and bring copies of relevant snail-mail and on-line offers, reservations, confirmations, and any notes if we spoke with anyone along the way. Over the past several years, we've occasionally been unpleasantly surprised to find room charges for our comped rooms when checking out on the TV. (And this is after we verified our comped status when checking in!) We gather up the documentation, apply our war paint, and proceed down to the desk ready for battle. Fortunately, in all cases, it's always been a matter of "Whoops – sorry about that!" If you have the documentation, you'll never need it!

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any hotel I have ever stayed at has never asked me for a paper proof of purchase...which is even MORE a reason to print them out. I never want to be SOL and always have it as backup.

5. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Confirmation email question: I booked my rooms on Monday but have not received any email other than when I redeemed my points for the confirmation numbers which I got before I booked the room. Should I have gotten something more than that after I made the reservation? I would think I should have gotten something, but I have yet to. I made three separate reservations for three consecutive days at one property (weekday bonus rooms allowed using three of the rewards at one property). Thanks!

6. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked my MyVegas stays a couple of weeks ago I asked if they could send an email confirmation. The woman who helped me said they don't send out confirmations on comped stays. I would just print out the point redemption confirmations and take them with you.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We book on-line whenever possible, usually through the B-Connected website (Boyd/Coast) and receive an email confirmation immediately. (It's almost scary!) Additionally, reservations show up on their website shortly after being made. If we call to make changes, probably half the time, we always request a new confirmation and they send one right away. In a few instances when a new confirmation hasn't arrived, we've called and requested they email again. Never a problem, and it makes no difference if the room is comped or not.

Ms. Gecko had to call LVH to make her comped reservation for our upcoming trip; and again, an email confirmation was received within minutes. Long before email and booking on line, the reservationist simply gave a confirmation number over the phone and that was it. It worked well nearly always. Nowadays, I really like to have all my ducks in a row.

8. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The few times we have booked a room through MyVegas, I was told they don't send confirmation emails for the room, nor do they for show tickets. I agree, at least bring the confirmation of the reward purchase.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and don't forget to write down the confirmation number!

10. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing that really matters are the confirmation numbers. The mails/letters themselves are just pieces of paper to the hotels.

I put everything into this very helpful App called TripIt (no affiliation) so I can carry it all around on my phone.

11. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends of the person you get at MyVegas. One reservation I made I was told they couldn't send a confirmation nor could they link the nights (I had 3 different rewards for 3 nights). I hung up, called back to make my daughter's reservation, cause the first one told me I couldn't do that either!, and the agent I got that time asked what bed configuration I wanted, were there any other requests I wanted noted, emailed me the confirmation and linked the reservations. For the first one that I didn't get a confirmation, I emailed the hotel room reservations department, got a confirmation from them and they also noted on the confirmation that all 3 reservations were linked so that we wouldn't need to switch rooms.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always print and bring along just for backup incase something goes wrong.

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I brought them the guy at check in(mgm) didnt even look at it

At the Mirage sugar factory reward i ask the lady if she needed it or my id and she told me what kind of person would you have to be to steal popcorn and she just handed me the box

Monorail took them
    Luxor buffet took them
    MGm sugar factory took them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.