1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Print edition of LV Sun may be ending

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it is in the LVRJ but it had separate editors & writers and honestly was the only portion of the paper I enjoyed reading when we lived there.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was bound to happen

5. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is sad that the papers are going away. I read the Sun online (at least what they let me) everyday, but never look at the review-journel. Hopefully, they can work their dispute out.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont find it too saddening that newspapers are going away.

What I find sad is the seemingly lack of the people who own them to adapt to some logical money making online format.

No one signs up for their online access so that clearly isnt going to fund the shareholders.

sure you can get an overload of free content online but the need to up their game to survive.

We should see a rise in imaginative content over the next few years as papers fade away. I have high hopes for bezos doing something smart.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually pay for the R-J on my Kindle. I hate paying for news websites because there's no logical way to read through them; you can click various articles from the home page, and link from there to others, but there's no analogue to going through a physical newspaper page-by-page. Whereas on the Kindle, the articles are just laid out in a list, separated out by section, which the "important" ones (those that would go on the front page) at the top. I like it much, much better that way.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Some papers are bucking the trend. Now that's an anomaly, yes, but after 20 years of people in the business assuming the tales of pending death would play out, some are fighting back. It turns out a lot of people do like holding newsprint after all, and the ones having success are bridging content and medium.

As for the R-J, it's been shit for ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.