1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prime rib downtown?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ranchette, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHERE TO HAVE A PRIME RIB DINNER DOWNTOWN?

2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several options, but the Market Street Cafe at The Cal has a great Prime Rib special for $9.99. It comes with soup or salad bar, baked potato or rice, and cherries jubilee for dessert. Served from 4pm to 10pm.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In June I had prime rib at the cal, the mss buffet and red rock buffet, believe it or not mss was the winner. I normally find the buffet bland boring and salty but the pr was good

4. hard6

hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Redwood Bar and Grill at the Cal

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the price and food I go with the prime rib dinner at the Market St. Café. Good meal for your dollar. Salad bar and dessert included for $9.99 so a good deal.

6. ddechenne

ddechenne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strongly agree! And with the LVA coupon, it is 2for1. Excellent meal, excellent deal!

The Market St does get busy though, so you might want to try to arrive at an off hour.

7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

Magnolia's at the 4 Queens also has Prime Rib. I haven't had it there in a long time, but the few times I did, it was inconsistent. Sometimes good, sometimes meh. ACG and LVA 2/1 coupons available.

Market Street at the Cal is consistently good IMHO and it's nice to mix in a salad once in a while! It's a small salad bar, but I have found the offerings to be fresh and flavorful. And as ddechenne says - with the LVA coupon, it's a super deal! Actually even better - ask the pit boss for a comp after a very few hours of $5 - $10 blackjack and they will usually give you enough to cover it!

I would have recommended The Flame/Roberta's at El Cortez but alas, that is no longer. Their new restaurant Siegel's 1941 might have prime rib? I'm too lazy to look it up on their website. We ate there in May and our food (not prime rib) was awful, so we have vowed never to return. YMMV.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Kelly

8. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds fantastic!

9. mescalita

mescalita Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - sorry you had a bad experience at Siegels. We've had some excellent meals there. There are still excellent steak and prime rib choices from the old Roberta's/The Flame menu. A great deal with the LVA coupon also....

10. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

Thanks for the advice Mescalita. Maybe we just hit an off day. We wanted breakfast and arrived 5 minutes too late and had to get lunch. Maybe that colored our judgement a bit also.

We might give it one more try on another trip.

Anyone else really hungry for prime rib now? I know I am!

Cheers
    Kelly

• Like Like x 2
  11. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been staying & playing downtown for years, but every time I've attempted to go to Market Street Cafe, the wait-line has been crazy!
    Is there a noticeably good time-of-day to try this on my next trip?

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  12. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try right at 4pm.

13. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a Houston's in Las Vegas? I always liked Houston's prime rib here in Orange County. I love their caesar salad paired up w a nice med-rare prime rib!!
    Rich creamy chilled Tiramisu for dessert and good company.. what a fabulous night!!!!

14. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    777 also has a decent prime rib. $13.99 but can use points for 40% off and came free with food book. Redwood is at Pullman at MSS til around Oct because of construction

15. Odelay77

Odelay77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What, pray tell, is a "food book?" Is it as delicious as it sounds?

• Like Like x 1
  16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The dinner crowd usually gets there about 6 pm so best to get there before 5:30. Of course you can eat at the counter in front if there are seats available.

btw, Boyd has Hawaii charters coming in regularly and usually they end up eating a meal at Market St. Café after they check in. They won't get their luggage for a couple of hours and so they go eat after they check in and check out their rooms. On Tuesdays the charter arrives at 5:40 pm so the restaurant gets busy around 7 pm. On Wednesdays the charter arrives at 7:40 so the restaurant gets busy around 9 and on Sundays and Fridays the charter arrives at 10:45 pm so there usually is a long line around midnight.

Yeah, the place is very popular with the Hawaii crowd, mostly because there isn't any other restaurant with a similar menu. 777 is popular also but seems more of a bar type of atmosphere so families rather go to Market St. Café instead. Too bad they got rid of the lanai café because that was another place popular with the Hawaii people. The Noodle house is a bust and I never see a line to get into the place.

17. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meal book is what you get in some comps, others can get silver and gold cards. Most Hawaiian groups get these with their charters. Otherrs get with comps. 4 days worth of meals, 12 and with 2 people you get 1 each for 24 meals. Free or discounted meals depending where you eat. 1 specialty is good for prime rib or steak at 777. Boyds points are good for 40% off meals at any restaurant including 777 and redwood.