1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Priceline for rental cars

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kinkette, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used Priceline to rent a car? They have excellent prices but I'm a little nervous to try them out...

1st time @ The Bellagio!!! Yay me :)
  2. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did once, it went fine. Just know that you pay in full up front and it is non refundable and non changable. If you change your plans you lose. If you can handle that risk you can save money by going with them.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to carrentals.com. I use them and they seem to be the best prices. No credit card needed so you can rebook if the price goes down. A couple weeks ago I booked a compact car for 9 days in Vegas for $280 and just checked tonight and I modified my reservation to a full size for $200. This is with Dollar.

4. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why?
    And they even take dinner reservations now :)

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked a rental thru Dollar for my last trip and had looked at using Priceline all the way up to my trip. You can get a feel for what they will accept on a car rental bid by looking at what they offer and what prices Hotwire lists. If you can't beat the Hotwire price and it's lower, you could go with that.. But, back to my story, I kept checking and couldn't beat it. I was already in town and was to pick up my rental at 6pm at the airport. About 3PM, I thought I would check Priceline again. Sure enough, I got to bid on the same size car that I was getting from Dollar and won that bid. I ended up spending less total and keeping the car for more days as well. (The car ended up being thru Hertz who's prices were a lot higher on their site.)

So, Priceline is great for rentals, especially if you can beat the cancellable back up you already have, even on the day of pick up :thumbsup:

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my strategy and it has worked several times in other cities, my bid was accepted by Avis or Hertz. Never a problem, the rental agency would rather have a car out earning money than sitting in the lot collecting dust. You will still get the standard upsell pitch, the attempt to sell more insurance, and asked to rent a GPS. No, no, and hell no!

7. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the input - I'll take all the advise and when I write my trip report I'll let you know how it went!!

1st time @ The Bellagio!!! Yay me :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.