1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Priceline and luggage fees

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sriracha, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sriracha

Sriracha Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So as you may have read I had to cancel my flight to Vegas.
    There are only some select dates I can fly on now, August 2nd to August 16th and October 1st to October 13th.
    I have looked on Kayak, Expedia and most of the popular sites and the total comes to 1400$ easily.

I looked it up on priceline and "offered" 610$, clicked "Review offer" and the next step prompted me for my data and credit card info.
    The total came to 624$ without baggage.

So I'm wondering, did my "offer" match an offer an airlie submitted to priceline or how does this work?
    I'm flying out of Germany so chances are it is a bigger Airline, meaning basically all the big americans or europeans, no low cost carriers.

How much does on piece of baggage cost? When I book it is always included in the total, so if they charge me 500$ for my luggage that's as dirty a trick as the resort fee. :thumbsdown:

So can anyone give me a guesstimate what the baggage fee would be?
    Were the 624$ a bookable offer that I could book and get a ticket for or is that just my offer that I hope some airline agrees to?
    Can I just go lower and lower until they won't take it anymore?

Sorry if this sounds extremely idiotic, but I have never used priceline before and I don't want to trigger a booking that I would have to cancel, losing money again.

EDIT: I now saw this part and it is clearer to me :
    "If we find an airline that accepts your price, we'll immediately purchase your tickets using the payment information you provided."
    However, still would like to know how much baggage might cost.

2. nystocktrader

nystocktrader Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like each hotel has their own resort fees, so do the airlines. Some fares may include 0,1, or 2 bags.

Best of luck,

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a look at this fees page that Kayak offers. I believe it to be recent and accurate.

http://www.kayak.com/airline-fees

4. Sriracha

Sriracha Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, thank you, and I just saw there is a sticky up this board about it.

Are there any tricks on bidding as low as possible and getting a ticket?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.