1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Presidents day vs Valentines Day

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nameBRAND, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which day is busier in Vegas? My gf and I can only travel one of the two weeks and I booked the week after valentines hoping to avoid the crowd. We have never been to Vegas in February and were wondering which week would be less crowded? I was also not able to secure a comp suite the day after presidents day which is weird...

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume Valentines would be busier because people will come for weddings. That being said, lots of folks have Presidents Day off which makes it a natural time to be on vacation as it's one less day of vacation time to claim. It may be less hectic but not significantly slower.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidents' Day will be bigger.

Keep in mind Presidents' Day will be on a Monday - making it part of a three-day weekend. Valentine's Day will be on a Thursday. Also, many people get President's Day off whereas Valentine's Day is just another work day for most and they have to burn leave time to take it off.

Bill

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on Valentines Day two years ago. I think it fell on a Tuesday, it was pretty crowded. On that Tuesday night it was honestly annoying to walk the strip, it literally crawled along because of all the women walking in wedding garb and stopping every 2 steps to take another pic.

I had just gotten divorced the Sept before and was on a trip with an early spring fling, so I just found it slightly annoying because of the slowing of moving about. We did have a good time later at bars and it was fun to see and talk with all the newlyweds! Def and get restaurant reservations and see the Fountains some other night!

5. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input guys. I guess it'll be a toss up which day would be busier. It seems both days will be full and expensive >.<

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidents because it's the weekend. But it may end up being the weekend people celebrate both... I you went on actual valentines day I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad.

Out of every trip I've taken, on nearly every holiday, or fight weekend or whatever (minus New Years) I never found it to be unbearably busy. One year at Christmas time it was a bit ridiculous. But besides that no problems. I've been Memorial, Labor, 4th of July, Easter, Christmas... I feel like every "friday-sunday" is pretty similar crowd wise. I've never had any trouble getting into any restaurant or any show, EVER.

I wouldn't worry too much! Unless you want it completely dead, in that case go a few weeks before or after Christmas!

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind I did not say Valentine's Day would not be busy - I said it would not be AS busy as Presidents' Day.

As I posted elsewhere about LV holiday attendance rates, they're all relative. Some are very busy and some are simply busy. My point was Valentine's Day is one of the lesser holidays as far as attendees go.

I use the stat's source the LV Sun has used for years - hotel occupancy rates.

Bill

8. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

the clothing trade shows, one of them is called magic, so the whole complex of shows gets called that in town, start on saturday the 16th, while normally we are wound up on that thursday that would be valentines day, this year it is a week later, so people setting up for the shows will be showing up right around the 14th, and the big crush of people will be coming in over the weekend and the following monday and tuesday, with things not slowing down until thursday the 21st.

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The numbers from the Las Vegas Convention website show Feb 2013 to be a slow month for events in Las Vegas. In fact, even the largest event in Feb 2013 (the Western Veterinary Conference) only has 14,000 attendees. By Las Vegas standards, that's small.

Bill

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.