1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Preakness 2014

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by PPtraderal, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The early Brisnet past performances are up for the Preakness. You can access them through www.freepastperformances.com, click on Preakness 2014 or directly at
    http://www.brisnet.com/brisnet_promos/14PreaknessPossibles.pdf. I have a new apple and I never posted links so I think there's enough information there. Looks like a California Chrome repeat to me.
    Early line at Wynn Las Vegas is 5/7 on Chrome. Social Inclusion is 7-1 , the rest are double digits. I can see Chrome going off at less than 3/5, maybe even 1/9. OUCH.
    May the horse be with you, as always good luck to all. AL C.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're correct with the probable low odds for California Chrome (likely 4/5, perhaps 3/5). Thought the horse may have trouble w/ the CD dirt, and thought the race set up for closers but the slow pace set the race perfectly for CC (I had Wicked Strong who was pushed out a bit on the first turn and rallied at the end but not close enough to challenge CC).

I don't think CC will win the Belmont, but you never know.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chrone looks hard to bet

I think CC is a beast and will win. Will try for exotics with CC over
    Danza, Social Inclusion and Kid Cruz.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. stormy

stormy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last summer Chrome ran some decent races in California bred races at DelMar. He showed no hint that he would become the monster he is today. This horse is a pure joy to watch , he runs close to the front with his head held high and when Victor pushes the button he has wicked acceleration and opens up a huge lead then coasts the last sixteenth. Racing needs a Triple Crown winner badly and California Chrome has the running style and pedigree to do it. Hopefully he gets good racing luck in the Preakness and Belmont and is not a tired horse with his succession of brilliant races.

6. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TVG is offering a special on win bets on CC placed between noon and 1 today (EST), guaranteed odds of 3/2, up to $25 wager.

CC is the obvious choice, but Kid Cruz is the horse I'm looking at to make things interesting.

7. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Preakness DRF online form. Anyone? PM's only please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.