1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Wedding Questions

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by easystreet57, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone,
    Heading to Vegas in the next couple of weeks to finish up details for our wedding there in July.The wedding will be at the Flamingo Garden Chapel. This trip, we are staying at the GN for a couple of nights so we have easy access to the Marrage Lic. office on Clark St. Were planning to walk over from the GN, Yes?, do-able or not recommended.
    We have already applied on-line and got our reference number. Any info. or inside tips on getting the lic and making arragements to have the final documents mailed to us after the wedding would be helpful, Thanks

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The walk over to the Marriage License Bureau is pretty easy. Its ~2 blocks away and we walked there around 9:30-10 pm. We also did the online pre application and the entire process took ~5minutes. The lady at the counter was pretty good at explaining everything. Even though she said we should mail the form back and get our actual license, my fiance had no problem taking the one the officiant gave her (fake one) to the SS office and getting her name changed. ymmv

3. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello FXT,

Thanks for the response and the information. Glad to hear thats it not a all day affair of waiting in lines. After many years of strip lodging, this will be our first stay Downtown. A quick visit will give us more time to enjoy our new sorrounding. Thanks again.

4. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting in line to get our marriage license in Vegas was a great memory of our wedding trip! If you like to people watch, this is one of those places to be.

5. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just as a follow up to my posted question,

We just returned home from our trip to LV to get our marriage license. We stayed at the GN and walked over Monday afternoon and it was a nice stroll. Only mix –up was that we went into the courthouse because that was the first “official door” we came to. The security guard inside told us just to walk around the building and we would see the entrance for the marriage license bureau which we did. We were there less than 10 minutes. The clerk was pleasant and made the entire process very “un-bureaucratic”. Nice stay at the GN too. Downtown is far better than I gave it credit for…good to try new things…especially in Vegas. Thanks again. JW

6. vegasbride

vegasbride Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @eaststreet57 I am anxious to hear how your wedding at Flamingo Garden Gazebo goes! We are there 10/16/15. Are you also staying at the Flamingo?

7. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello vegasbride,

Sorry it took so long to respond to your question. It has been a busy couple of weeks. As am sure you know, or are about to find out, preparing to marry, the event and parties afterward can really affect your daily routine, including the time you spend on the VMB site. Now that it’s all over with, I just jumped on and seen your posted question.

This was our 12th. trip to Vegas and upon arriving home I always try to summit a trip report. There so much to cover this time not sure if I will or when I’ll find the time to collect my thought, but answering your question and sharing our experience may help me do that. I’ll just try to retell the list of events and not turn this in to a trip report, but it is difficult… I tend to ramble.

It all started…
    Last year (2014) during our summer trip my proposal included the wish that we would marry in Vegas during the following summer trip (2015) and that a location would be sought before then.

We had stayed at the Flamingo twice before and were familiar with the layout and the ranking among the “great” hotels on the strip. Good location, reasonable cost and a fun pool and summer vibe.

While in town for Rodeo Vegas in December, part of our mission was to find a location for our wedding and one afternoon was set aside for that reason. We peeked in at a few hotel chapels but for some reason my bride to be was drawn to the Flamingo because of the gardens and overall setting in and around the pool area, where the Garden Chapel is located. In we go to meet Jasmine, a well mannered and soft spoken young lady who greeted us showed us around and gave us specific information (price list) and a way to contact her with any question or to make a booking. As we left, I was informed that our search was over, the Garden Chapel at the Flamingo would be the site in July…the adventure has started…

We are an older couple, I older then her but hopefully “young at heart”, each married before with grown children and a few close friends. We always travel to Vegas as” just us”, for nobody in our circle ever seemed interested and we don’t need to do things in a group, so imagine our surprise when so many of our family and friends declared , We’ll be there” when we announced that we were planning to marry in Vegas during our next trip in July. WOW, an unexpected response, this changes everything…now it not just us..Now we have become impromptu “Vegas host”, for some have never been to Vegas and for a few, ten year or more had pasted since there last and only visit to Sin City.

Get Action! Now the bride contacted Jasmine, set the date and time, made selection from the ala cart extra list and put down a deposit. After getting final commitments we became a group of thirteen that would be traveling to the wedding. Jasmine connected us with a VIP wedding host who set up a block of rooms at the Flamingo at a decent rate that was gaur teed till 30 days out from the planned date. Then, by the time we got everyone to book flights and to secure their rooms (everyone was on their own to cover their cost), June had arrived and the “Big Event” was around the corner. During this time, we had a few reasons to contact Jasmine and the host. Jasmine was always available and helpful, the host was hard to find and beside from the room arrangement, was sometime off target with issues and questions. One contact occurred when someone in our group found a slightly lower rate outside of the “block of rooms” method. She informed us that the rates had drop since we first set up the “block”, and she lower everyone rate to match the find. Guess she gets “thumbs up for that, but don’t know what would have happened without the “push”. We asked her to set up a cabana at the pool for a post ceremony party, which she did and quoted a price which turned out to be way out of line with normal pricing.

One of the smartest decisions we made was to travel to Vegas in May for a short two day visit to get loose ends squared away and to meet with all those involved” face to face”.
    They included…

The marriage license bureau to get our license in advance of the wedding. As noted in the OP.

Jasmine to get the details for “the day”, including the music selection. To inquire about who was going to perform the ceremony and the details surrounding that. And to make the final payment.

To meet with the manager of the Flamingo Gift shop where we made arrangements for signature wine glasses to be put aside as” thank you gifts” for our guest.

To meet with the cabana manager to make the final arrangements for the after party at the pool.

All that we came in contact were upfront and helpful.

The wedding was planned for Tuesday with everyone arriving on Sunday at the Flamingo. Although there was delay in everyone getting their room, we all eventually did to everyone’s satisfaction. One of the rooms had a broken window and there was some confusion and lost Vegas time trying to get someone from hotel maintenance to become aware of it, so as not to have our guest blamed, but I was not directly involved in it and didn’t hear much about it so I guess it worked out.

Everything was perfect on Tuesday, the wedding day. Jasmine was there and handled everything, start to finish, with a beautiful ceremony and a delightful women pastor conducting the vows in a God honoring ceremony, as we had chosen.

The pool party with the cabana also was a fun day and we’re glad we committed to it for our guest who traveled across the country to be there. The service was good but not pushy. Excellent food and drink, somewhat pricey, but that to be expected under those circumstances. They provided a nice fruit tray, complaints of the pool staff. The “chef” even came out to see us. We ordered food items for our guest and everyone enjoyed the day. Only one sour note, during the course of the day, the pool staff supplied small bottles of water which one might assume were complimentary, not so, three dollars a bottles was added to the bill. Guess that covered the free fruit.

In closing, getting married in Vegas was good choice. Choosing the Flamingo was also good, if we had a do over, we would choose Vegas and the Flamingo again. Having friends and family there was an unplanned surprise that made the whole affair that much better. There are a lot more fun stories that occurred during our stay, I’ll save them for the trip report, after all this is not a trip report…Yeah, I know, I ramble about Vegas.
    Hope this helps and thanks for the reply to my post. Sincerely hope your wedding day is as perfect as ours. Good Luck and congratulations! JW

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds wonderful! Thank you for the follow-up - congratulations on the wedding. May you have a long and happy marriage!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.