1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Trip Report: Walking in a Vegas-Winter Wonderland

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to call working on my doctorate, my side hustle. In that way, it never really consumes me and it remains something I am just doing. And I am alright regardless of its current circumstances.

On the flip side, Vegas is my side project. Planning is a daily occurrence in some form or facet. And the vacay itself is a manifestation of said efforts. You know, it's like a conference.

Main hustle, you ask? For my life right now, I don't really give any thing my main. It's either on one side or the other. If it helps, I like to put family first.

Anywho, my upcoming trip to the desert winter wonderland is looking up.

1. I am luxxing (new word) it up at Wynn with an upgrade and a little change

2. Might stay at a new hotel on the strip and might stay in my first real suite

3. Hitting up my fav spa at Mandalay Bay (which is so pretty and feminine)

4. Super low-rolling as always (catch me at the ol' 10 cent max line, having a blast)

5. Finally going to see Carrot Top ! Also excited about a comedy show called "40 is not the new 20" at Riviera.

6. Typical spots for food--Spice Market, Ellis Island, DuPars, etc

I struggled initially with shows because everything I wanted to see was dark (Celine, Britney, Boyz II Men, LOVE, tons of local theatre, etc). I can't wait to hit the pools (there is a completely different vibe at the pools in December because it's like having your own exclusive pool playgound--no one is at the pool lol) and hot tub.

But I do admit that Vegas is just not the same in the winter as it is in the summer. The energy is not the same. And people are cold. Like literally cold. I long for my summer days at the adult playground. But it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the winter! I am super excited to be around as always!! I just don't get to do, or feel up to, as many things in the winter.

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I adore your trip reports so I can't wait to hear all about it!

3. Midwest10

Midwest10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. I always enjoy reading your posts and trip reports.

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great time....and.....I am awaiting your view on Carrot Top ;) I was toying with seeing him my upcoming trip, but decided I'd wait til my next trip cuz I just saw him in June.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife also gives Mandalay Spa at Mandalay Bay top marks.

Bill

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to your report....you have a great style that takes us all along with you! Good luck & enjoy.

7. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @blonde_4_ever Thanks a lot! I love your blog as well!!

@midwest10 Yay, thank ya! I appreciate it!

@gr8rb8k8 There have been at least 4-5 trips where Carrot Top did not make the final cut of my shows. Jabbawockeez last trip had just made the cut and booted Carrot Top out. I watch shows for the entertainment but also to see if they are worth watching again. Let's see if I should have stuck to Carrot Top idk...the first 5 times! :evillaugh I hear it's amazing. Excited :thumbsup:

@UTE Ahhh, that spa. Gllllorrious.

@sybgal Thank you so much! :wave:

8. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to read your trip report! Always a wonderful read. You will love Carrot Top! Good luck with your doctorate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.