1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Trip Report/Thoughts/Reflections

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by rje, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rje

rje High-Roller

My Trip Report

Pre-Trip Report/Thoughts/Reflections

It is T minus one week and counting until my friend, his wife, and myself are enjoying a long weekend in Vegas! Can't wait!

In the mean time, I would like to share a few things:

Accommodations:
    My friend really wanted to stay at the Bellagio, but at $400/night for a standard lake view room, we could not afford it for the entire 4 nights we will be there. So, when we arrive Thursday night we will stay at the Riviera (Priceline $70 including tax). Sunday night will be spent at Bally’s ($155 total Hotels.com ).

We did the Priceline and Hotels.com route because when we were booking in early June, prices for our weekend were pretty steep. By using Hotels.com, for instance, we saved almost $50.00 versus if we would have booked with Bally’s directly. Now, however, it is a different story. I checked Bally’s rates the other day, and if I were to have book a few days ago, we would have been saving about $50.00 over what we paid with Hotels.com… Unfortunately, Hotels.com charges a $25.00 cancellation fee, so it is not economically sound to cancel once reservation and make another at this point in the game. It just goes to show, that unless you are getting a really good deal, it is best (IMO) to book directly with the hotel, therefore if you find a better rate, you can call the hotel and have it adjusted. But then again, on the flip side, Murphy’s Law tells me if I would have not booked with Hotels.com or Priceline and held out until later, prices would have never went down and I would be screwed… oh well…

A few other things we have on the agenda:
    -see Showgirls of Magic at the San Remo
    -see Legends in Concert at the IP
    -dinner at Center Stage in the Plaza
    -drink, gamble, and have a good time!

I will be sure to post a trip report after I return. In the meantime, your feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. are welcomed!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.