1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre trip report and 100th post

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ChristaU, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristaU

ChristaU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So thinking of something witty to post for #100 and came up with nothing. Mickey, Patti. Kikky, Drea, angel, Dougie, Marty and others, I know you will be disappointed since there is nothing of any real substance to laugh at or respond to except maybe the little something different I am doing for this next trip.

So the person I am taking, H, is deathly afraid of flying. We did this last trip and she cried for 2 hours while we were in the air. She ended up getting a bus ticket home. She loved Vegas while she was there though so we are driving. Yep 17 hours of the western states. I love road trips but this one is going to be one of the longest I have taken.
    We are going to site see thru California then cut straight across. If everything works out as I am hoping we will get to meet up with some of the gang on sunday or monday for the tail end of MMVI ( did an official title ever get selected?)
    Angy has been really sweet to keep me posted and to make sure I get some of the drunken texts from friday and saturday....thanks Angy (Beach Crazy)

I guess to end up this post I will say, wish me luck.

Christa

2. rmtush

rmtush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not a flyer either. I drive from Kansas, 20 hours to get there.

3. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For you non-flyers... that's what valium is for :)

I had to fly to Vegas with my sister once... who is a non-flyer (she's scared of many things though)... and she was a wreck. And, it was a completely smooth flight. I don't envy those of you who have trouble flying. It's a terrible phobia if you're stuck in a plane.

I had one problem on a plane.. not because of the flight, but because I was so tired and became claustrophobic after a while. Granted, this was after being awake for close to 35 hours, with little sleep the week leading up to the flight, and in a plane for about 20 of those awake hours. ON our last leg, from LA to San Jose, I sort of drifted off (which rarely happens on planes, too much noise and activity to sleep) but then woke up in a stupor, freakin out a bit. I was on the window side and felt i needed to get out of the plane RIGHT THEN. I was a bit freaked out for what turned out to be about a minute, but it was freaky. If the feeling I had for that one minute non-flyers have... ugh.. it's no fun to get on a plane. Luckily I'm normally fine :)

4. ChristaU

ChristaU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to make sure to give her these stories to make her feel better. keep them coming

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.