1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Trip Reflections

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sin, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Christmas day was wonderful! My family had its first Christmas in 5 years that cost more than $200. My 2 boys got the things they really wanted instead of what we could find at the Dollar Store and Big Lots. I got some truly great gifts, as did my husband and my Mom. I even had enough to give my best friend a gift this year and to give each of her kids $10. Although it wasn’t much, it was more than I’d been able to do for a very long time. Our meal was wonderful and for the first time in 5 years my best friend’s Mom didn’t give me the stuff to make it. The day was spent with family and friends quietly enjoying a truly wonderful Christmas. After dinner was done, the kitchen was cleaned, and the family gift of Shrek2 was watched it was time for bed. I can’t tell you how good it felt to go to bed without silently hoping that my kids weren’t too disappointed. Since this year I didn’t have those worries, when I climbed into bed my only thoughts were those of Vegas.

For the next 2 days all I could think about was getting on that plane and flying over our beloved Strip. I did all of the requisite housecleaning, grocery shopping, and last minute errands yesterday. Today I had an interview with the Narcotics Division of the local DA and found myself blessed again with an externship next semester. The packing has begun and the decisions are many: What shoes do I absolutely have to pack (for those that read my August report, you know of my shoe problem)? Which outfits to take and which to leave behind? How many items can I wear with how many other items? Do I really need to take all of the toiletries, or can I manage a Wal-Mart stop to pick them up out there and have more room for shoes? How is all of this ever going to fit in one carry-on and one backpack/personal item?

This trip is going to be a lot like Christmas. It will be the first time we have gone to Mecca with more than $500 to spend. It will be the first time we have the income to eat at Delmonico instead of simply eating fast food. It will be the first time I have the ability (thanks to Chef’s coupon) to go to a spa and have a pampering afternoon. It will be the first time that I can go to the Nudie Bar and get more than one lap dance. It will be my first time going to a show that isn’t the comedy club. It will be my first time in a Porsche, as our friend is renting one for the day on Thursday. Although we don’t have oodles of cash, we will have enough so that we don’t have to be super-cheap.

I’m looking forward to the plans that are made for this trip too. Tomorrow we will meet our Vegas friends for dinner and we will also meet the newest addition to our Vegas family who is just 2 months old. We will laugh until we cry and I’m sure I’ll pee myself from laughing too hard at some point. We will enjoy the company of those that we hold dear, but rarely get to see. On Thursday, our friend’s new girlfriend comes to town and we will pick her up at the airport and then pick up the Porsche. We’ll play for a while and then girlfriend and I will head over to the Palms for some relaxation while the boys take the car for a “real†drive (sadly I’ll miss this, but I have been designated babysitter and our friend must pay for that service-now you know why I can afford the spa). Later we will get all dressed up and head to the Venetian where I will savor every bite of my Delmonico steak and order the Bananas Foster. Friday we have no set plans other than to meet up with my friend Jazz who transferred to UNLV Law School this year, and whom I miss terribly. On Saturday we will recover from Friday and then go see We Will Rock You.

Of course, remaining true to our previous trips, we will eat at In N Out more often then we should. We will stock our room with Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Corona, Tequila, Vodka, and more Corona. We will eat at Fatburger because we can, not because we have to. So in a little less than 24 hours, I will board the plane that will take me once again to the city we all love so much. There will be drunken buffoonery and hopefully a monorail moon. There will be stuffed tummies and sore feet. There will be wins and losses. But, most importantly, they will all happen to me this time.

I will post a full report upon my return. I am taking a notebook this time to help me remember since this is a longer trip than usual and I plan on actually taking pictures of the people you know have mirrors in their rooms, but somehow refuse to use them. I will have a shot for each of you and think of you all when the clock strikes midnight in each time zone.

And of course, I’ll be legendary.

[ December 28, 2004, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: sin ]

2. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad you had such a great Christmas. And what lovely pre-trip reflections. I can definitely relate. Have fun, best of luck, and looking forward to reading that trip report.

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I cannot wait to read this!!

Have a fabulous trip! Enjoy every minute - it sounds like you already are! [​IMG]

4. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it up right, Sin! I can't wait to read about the damage.

Mikey

5. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin,
    Have a WONDERFUL time!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

6. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like fun. We may finally have a monorail "winner". Although I'm reminded of the Mayor of Springfield's caveat: That could be anyone's @ss!

7. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, my A boarding passes are printed and I'm headed into the shower. Thank you all for the well wishes and I'll be back on Sunday! [​IMG]

Oh, and Doc, pictures are worth a thousand words right? [​IMG]

8. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin, I am glad that your Christmas was great. It is not about the big things but the little ones that truely make the day magical. I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip and I look forward to your report when you return. Delmonocos is one of my favorites so have a blast!

9. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin, you've got all of us waiting...

1,000 pics are worth a million words, so post lots. [​IMG]

10. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...and "I'm headed into the shower" is worth at least a few pics... multiplied by a thousand words... uh-oh, buffer overrun...

11. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sin,

Were all looking forward to some Vegas shower pics..... [​IMG]

Will the webmaster allow nudies on this forum?? :D

All in fun, I hope you have a good trip. Looking forward to a TR.

RossW

[ December 29, 2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: RossW ]

12. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing y'all don't really care to see my Vanity Fair cover shot...?

Mikey :eek:

13. bigbooner

bigbooner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping to see more pictures of the dog showing his stuff.

14. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey now, there are sites for that kind of stuff! [​IMG] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.