1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-sale tickets for a couple going to XS

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Ringo16, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringo16

Ringo16 Tourist

Me and my gf are going to XS on Sunday March 23. Would it be wise to buy pre-sale tickets or contact a host and try to get on the guest list? Tickets will be $60 for the both of us while if we get a host I assume I would still be paying $30 and having to tip the host?, so the price difference does not seem that big. Which will guarantee us the shortest wait.

2. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We purchased our tickets for the 26th at XS. I'd rather pay for pre-sale tickets and go straight in than dealing with any hosts or guest lists. If I was going with 5 other people, then I'd contact a host and get on a list. But if it's just the 2 of you, I don't know if a host would pay attention.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're expected to tip the host if they put you on their list.

Personally I'd just do pre sale and have the piece of mind I'm good to go.

4. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay the presale. If you're not in Vegas often and not developing a continous relationship with one, its not worth it trying to keep tipping someone for something you dont need to do.

And guestlist, you dont tip a host. Its a list and some random guy looking at a list will be the one checkin you off. You hardly ever see the host you contacted unless you know them by face and they are the type of host that is near the door all the time.
    There are dozens of hosts and promoters so its not often you see the one you talk to right up there at the Guestlist line.

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a big fan of presale tickets, for one reason. Unless its a DJ that you specifically want to see, its kinda useless.you are paying a company to get you admission and they charge you for the service. I list presale, only because it pays.

6. jbball50

jbball50 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presale tickets for clubs like Xs get you in quicker though and they're cheaper than if you were to buy them at the door. I've never done them though, when I went to Xs I just contacted one of the hosts, he was busy but I just dropped his name to one of the other hosts and he walked us in for 50 dollars to see afrojack during their Sunday nightsswim. Either way works well if you don't want to be in line a long time. To the op though, I thought guest lists weren't at Xs anymore though, I think I remember hearing they stopped doing them last year sometime. Not 100 percent sure but I thought I remember people saying that before.

7. lasvegas_limo_driver

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take about 100 people + a week and have never had a person pay more than $20 for entry. There are so many hosting companies in town, that they will tell you anything, plus guys at the door are looking to make $. I think XS is one of the easiest clubs to work with and consistent, at least to me.

8. jbball50

jbball50 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you're talking about with hosting companies is true, I'm talking about actual hosts that work at the club though. And I have never been to any of the big clubs and paid less than 30 dollars as a guy, this is even regular line entry into the club on the weekends. I'm not sure what clubs those people are going to that they're paying the most at 20 dollars. Having a good ratio of females to males helps too. You can get into alot of clubs free if its 1 to 1 or more, you could try asking the host you contact that works there if they could. Remember that these guys are trying to get the most females in the club to attract the money from the guys to use.

9. lasvegas_limo_driver

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i do this 7 nights a week. Clubs and presale are trying to get a rough estimate on people counts. I can do open bar for ladies at hakkasan and light most nights, guys are going to be free or discounted, almost any night. If im running 10 people and 5 guys 5 girls, i can most night get everyone in free. What people dont realize is that hosts at clubs make per head. So if they comp you in, they dont make money. If you throw them $20 a head, you can walk right by. Saturday night i had 10 guys, walked in with 2 free drink tickets each at light and went to hakkasan $10 a head. Friday night they did club crawl through another company and they had a fight on the bus and discontinued the crawl for the night, i rescued them and took them to Marquee. Its not who you know, but how you know them

10. jbball50

jbball50 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh okay so you're talking about people who are working through the company you're working for or people just going to the club? I thought you were talking about people just going to the club, not getting the limo ride through you and getting these low prices.

11. lasvegas_limo_driver

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limo or not. same deals.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.