1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-planning

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new year has come and I am currently in the process of trying to plan out a trip. I am debating on going during spring break at the end of March, which I would more than likely take my 15 year old with me. The other two times I am thinking is sometime in April and again I would possibly have to bring him or in July/Aug sometime while he is with his mom. Not a huge fan of summer heat in Vegas but can tolerate it. I wanted to do a drive out but I don't think the money will be there to take that much time off work. I was looking at packages from Expedia and can do a round trip plus 5 nights at Flamingo for $440 per person or for an extra 200 per person Mandalay Bay which I think is pretty darn good. I could go a shorter amount of time but my last trip was five nights and I thought it felt like the perfect amount of time. I e-mailed my host at Downtown Grand and there is not much they can do for me, I was hoping for some comp nights but they are unable. I do have three comp nights in March/April at a few of the caesars properties. I need to play with the cost of rooms and stuff with comps and see how I can work it out for the best bang for the buck.

Another concern is budget. Getting there and food wont be an issue, like I have said many times, I eat inexpensively but if my son comes, well, he could out eat most grown men. I am going to look at all of my options and see what comes of it. I did put in for vacation time in April from work, we bid for it so I do not even know if I will win the bids for another couple weeks I am guessing.

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping my Vegas addiction fueled for the past several months when I could not be there, here is hoping for another fun trip this year that I can share with you all.

Tentative Arrival
  2. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure you really asked a question, but that hasn't stopped me from putting my foot in my mouth before! In my humble opinion, you should consider coming alone when your son is elsewhere. The subject of kids in LV has been beaten to death on this and every other LV forum there is, so I won't try to debate the pros and cons of it. You apparently gamble enough to get comps at various places around town - what is he going to do while you are gambling? I've seen kids blow more money in the arcades than their parents can lose playing dollar slots. You also are concerned about food costs for him, which would still be a minor part of your trip expense since I don't imagine you'll be eating anywhere high-end. If a 15 year old is running around unaccompanied and you're ok with that, I don't think I can help you. Playing at Caesars props where you have comps and trying to stay on a budget is a contradiction in itself. If there is a question in your post, please give us some more info to help.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The subject was not weather he should go or not, but he has decided he wants to go to his grandparents for the week which is perfectly fine. I don't gamble that much, Mlife wont give me any comps and the ones at CET was a surprise considering I did not spend $400 in two days at their property. I may gamble a couple of hours a day if that.

Tentative Arrival
  4. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope he has a great time with grandparents, and that you have lots of luck in LV!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.