1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poutine in las Vegas SMOKES Poutinerie

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BackInVegas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there on June 30, 2016. It is located right next to the PAWN Stars store and the building is owned by RIck Harrison, if I understand correctly.

The parking lot between the two buildings holds about 24 cars. You can park on the street for free after 6 PM.

July 1 is Canada Day.

I had Bacon Topped traditional Poutine with Maple Syrup Drizzle.

My favorite is still La Buche in Quebec City. The Poutine at Ashton's in Quebec City is utter garbage.

Would I go back to Smoke's Poutinerie? Probably not. Just because it is not convenient. I give the Poutine 3 stars out of 5. But if you need your canadian fix for Poutine, this might satisfy your craving.

http://smokespoutinerie.com/

2. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    meh, Smokes is pretty gross, I've gone a few times up here and each time has been worse.
    I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to go there in Vegas.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always makes my curious why someone would get traditional foods they can get at home while on vacation. its never as good.

Its like a few months ago someone said they had friends coming in from asia and people recommended taking them out for chinese food. dont they eat that every day?

Just strikes me as different is all.

4. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I ate there last year and thought it was good, but I'm from buffalo so not as well versed in true poutine. This Smoke's was as good as the ones I've been to in Niagara Falls and Toronto. I wouldn't say it's the best I've ever had, but it sure does hit the spot!

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never thought id see my small hometown mentioned here but wow La buche is just a fancy hipster spot while Ashton is the ons that made Poutine a household name.

6. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My college son did say that the Ashton Poutine would be really good at 3 AM after a night of drinking in college.

We also tried Poutine at Chic Shack. The Grilled Cheese sandwich there was real tasty.

We played tourist in Quebec City, so you have to expect that we loved the hipster spots. By the way, we were very good tourists. Whatever touristy thing we could do, we did.

The concert thing you have there looks awesome, I think that happens in July.

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for enjoying the city, yeah the summer festival starts tomorrow, probably the best festival in the world when it comes to pricing 90$ for 10 days