1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Post-Vegas Depression

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are your symptoms? :evillaugh

2. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ready and eager to book next trip
    Depressed my house isn't as nice as the suite I just spent the past week in
    Depressed my bed isn't as comfortable as the one I just spent the past week in

3. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What he said.
    Plus Budgeting and a job. Cleaning your own shower.

4. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not being able to just walk out my door and have endless options of fun and excitement. Also, not "legally" being able to wager on whatever sporting event I'm likely watching.

5. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic!!! :nworthy:

:peace: :beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back to reality feeling. Even if you go to Vegas for just a couple days, when you come back to the job it is different (maybe it is all the brain cells I kill with Alcohol). I immediately go back to work and think about saving for the next trip because I lost my money lol

7. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Constantly checking airfare and comp room availability for the next trip.

President's Week School Vacation in Las Vegas
  8. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having responsibility again. Plus learning the value of a dollar all over. I find myself annoyed at some of the little life things for awhile, especially at work. There’s just something about Vegas and the 100% carefree enjoyment that makes it hard to settle back into “normal” life (more so than other vacation destinations).

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Coming back and remembering the true value of a CNote. In Vegas they're so plentiful, like a 10 spot at home.

10. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reality of back to being a cog in the world system of being a [STRIKE]slave[/STRIKE] productive member of society. And once again being in the waiting line for [STRIKE]freedom[/STRIKE] another vacation away from that reality.

Vacation is the freedom to go and do whatever, whenever you want. Except the super rich (creators of the rigged financial system most of us live in) can do it anytime they want. Its their system, so its their choice, such as Paris Hilton. If she wakes up bored and says screw it, I'm going to Paris today (THE REAL PARIS), just for LUNCH (James, get the learjet ready), she can and will do it.

Post Vegas Depression is getting back in the waiting line again. :thumbsdown:

James, get the learjet ready, and James, I'll see you in about 6 months. :Þ

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sooo true. I spread money quickly on vacation (even though budget-oriented) and I have to readjust to my normal spending when I get back which can take time sometimes.

Definitely.

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahah Yes! :thumbsup:

13. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having to think about work, paying bills, and all the other BS stuff you forget about when in Vegas.

+1 on the value of money thing.

14. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find these posts entertaining.

I remain in a fog at least 2 months after a trip. Everything seems to go in slow-motion even when I am planning another trip. Usually because comps and some discounted show dates are not yet available, so things are not yet concrete. I go into autopilot to get into the groove those first two months. I think also because I tend to stay in Vegas for a little while and I do Vegas at full-speed non-stop. So technically my body and mind should be exhausted but the euphoria/adrenalin/endorphins brought on by a Vegas trip keep my mind from fully acknowledging my true exhaustion. I feel so ready...all the time! It takes my body some extra time to readjust.

15. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Money is like water in Vegas. At least that's how I described it after my first trip. No one bats an eye at a hundred. Back home, a hundred is inspected and usually marked on by the fake detecting pens they use. There is definitely an exhilarating feeling when I pull my blackjack buy in ($100) out several times daily. The money just seems to flow and it feels so good feeling ”rich" and carefree for a few days.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't have the depression this time. I do have a long recovery time after Vegas though. Just due to health. So, I make sure I have time to just lay around after we get home.

17. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason every time I come he from LV I smell cigarette smoke everywhere I go, even when no one within a mile is smoking. Strange how it sticks in my nose. Makes me long for the tables....I don't even smoke, yet I miss it. Odd.

18. SBTX

SBTX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    annoyed by the fact that no one has asked me if i'd like a drink ALL DAY!

19. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably have the worst post vegas symptoms. When I leave I don't post on this forum until I either have a trip booked or vegas withdrawals kick in. I generally can only last about 1 and a half to 2 months before withdrawals kick in. Once withdrawals kick in, I'm watching anything vegas related and on this forum constantly lol.

20. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For months leading up to the trip I am here every day. After a trip I have no interest in reading the board for a while. I love this place, but right after a trip I'm so bummed to not be there I just can't read about everyone else's fun for a little while. But I always come back :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.