1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible room strategy?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Dreamtiem, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamtiem

Dreamtiem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

i am looking for rooms since end of december for our trip in April, 24th to 26th.
    Unfortunately this weekend seems to be really busy and its hard to find rooms, which fit our (family of 4) wishes and the family budget.

We would like to have:

- strip location
    - 2 rooms with connecting doors because of the 2 childs (age 12,13) OR 2 BR suite OR 1 BR suite with closing door between bedroom and living room
    - as this 2 night stay is at the end of our 2 week RV round trip we would like to have some "luxury" to relax

Current problem: costs ;)

We were in Vegas 3 years before and stayed in a 1 BR MGM Signature suite. Was amazing :) Now we compare everything to this experience and the price ^^

I checked MGM, Aria,Bellagio, Ceasars, Venetian, Palazzo for current rates and all of them are 900 USD or above.

This morning i looked around (again) and found some reviews of Monte Carlo. Was described as a little bit outdated but location is great and room rates are much more less than the hotels above.

Now the idea was:

Book a midweek and weekend comp room through myVegas and upgrade asap to a Monaco suite. Do the same with my wifes account -> 2 Monaco suites for just the upgrade fees. Based on the rates at the Monte Carlo website should be around 100-150$ per suite.

Is this a realistic scenario? Can this be done together with the myVegas initial booking? Booking standard rooms and waiting until check in for upgrade is not my preferred option - travelling with luggage from a 2 week RV trip and 2 childs need a clear picture where to stay.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts about that.
    Stefan

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's a realistic scenario. If it is a busy weekend, upgrades will be tough to get, especially on a MyVegas comped room.

3. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also agree that it's not a realistic scenario. I would book the room that you want and not "hope" to get an upgrade. I was at Monte Carlo in November on a slow weekend with a MyVegas comp and asked to upgrade to a Spa Suite, but none were available.

Good Luck!

4. Dreamtiem

Dreamtiem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for your feedback :)

based on your input i changed the "stragegy" and asked different hotels for rooms with connecting doors (independent from myVegas) - my first choice was the Signature: Unfortunately we minsunderstood each other and i booked 2 Junior Suites (through MLife as they proposed) and after a few days i gave them a call to verify the linked reservations. I was told that only 1 BR suites can be connected :( so i have to cancel both reservations.

Now i am back to MC ^^
    As far as i can figure out there a Spa suite and a Deluxe Room can be connected. I will book the Spa suite and try to get a comped Deluxe room through myVegas. Should work from my point of view.

1 question: If i call MC directly - are they familiar with myVegas or is this another desk/phone number?

I am interested in the following information:

- whats the base rate for calculating the 25% myVegas discount? Maybe it makes more sense to book without myVegas and get the 35USD Food promotion.
    - is the connecting room to Spa suite a valid myVegas room?

Just to give you shprt feedback about my decisions after reading your comments :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.