1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible Counterfeit Southwest Coupons

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by bkoelsch, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkoelsch

bkoelsch Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So i received my southwest drink coupons today from Ebay. I have done this in the past and had no issues. After looking at the 8 i received today in the mail they look counterfeit. I would like everyones input on what they see vs what i wrote. I requested a refund within 24hrs and if we dont receive one i will report them to ebay.

**The paper is very thin
    **The number 1 is off center should be directly below the e and o.
    **The copyright date on the back is 2011? Odd never seen that one before.
    **The boxes for the exp date and member are different sizes vs others i have seen.
    ** The verbage on the back of the coupon is smaller and where the word southwest is the trademark is not posted.
    **The red coupon is a darker one then others on ebay, my pic doesnt show this that good.
    **Also dont these coupons come in a bank of four, I noticed the perforated edge on the top. I could be wrong on that one.
    Sure these might work on the plane but im tired of getting ripped off!!

Attached Files:

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can guarantee that Southwest will change them at any time if they find a cheaper printer. Thinner paper = cheaper, poor alignment = cheaper, slight changes in color and sizing is normal if they're working with a new company. if that's a fake, somebody sure went to a lot of trouble to create them and have them printed on thin glossy paper, which is not easy to come by, 2-sided full color, which is not cheap, perforate the edges, which is not easy. and for what - $5? sounds like you're paranoid. you even said yourself they'll probably work on the plane.

3. bkoelsch

bkoelsch Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Paranoid, the paper was not glossy just your standard copy paper. this guy sold alot of coupons in a short period of time in groups of 8 for $23.99.
    Just never seen this before and it looks obvious compared to other coupons.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did a cursory comparison between the drink coupons I recently received in the mail from Southwest and the picture you posted. The two things I notice that seem out-of-sorts in your image is the lack of the registered trademark symbol on the back and that it says "Southwest Cardmember" rather than a person's name and the last four digits of a Rapid Rewards number. But I suppose it's possible that Southwest gives out these drink coupons out to folks who sign up for their credit card at the airport.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was going to be my comment also; partial member number and name affixed. Good luck.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked mine that I got in the mail from SW, and they do not have my name or RR number. They say Southwest Credit Cardmember just like the picture. About the only difference between mine and the ones pictured is the omission of the TM symbol on the back, and on mine the copyright is 2013.

7. bkoelsch

bkoelsch Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well i filed a case against him with ebay, he instantly refunded $23 with no reply or returning of the coupons. Guess i was right since he never asked for the coupons.

8. zlanga

zlanga Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good move. Sounds like this guy deserves the "scumbags selling coupons on EBay" moniker from an earlier thread about a month ago...:nono:

USBC Open
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.