1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Portofino Reward at Mirage

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Kickin, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

There is a reward for buy one get one entree at Portofino at Mirage for only 9000 points.

Am I missing something here? That seems incredibly cheap. I read the terms and nothing stood out.

The entrees there are pretty decently priced and the 9000 points seems out of whack compared to some other things. For instance we've used the Wolfgang Puck one at MGM and that was 20k and the entrees there are cheaper.

This reward has a lot of availability so it doesn't seem too popular. Have any of you used it?

I read this is the place that used to be called Onda, I think I've been to Onda several years ago. Is it just a name change or a different restaurant?

2. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could just be a new restaurant trying to get people in the door..

3. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good value for 9000 LP. The restaurant has a "Diamond and Gold Lasagna" that is $100. If you can use this to BOGO for that special Lasagna, it is easily worth 9000 LP.

I think that the non-steakhouse restaurant rewards on myVegas get overshadowed by the buffet deals which are sometimes 80k-160k LP.

I have been looking at the $30 off $75 spent at Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak, with steaks starting around $56. I think it's a good value for 30k LP.

4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy Low-Roller

Some of the dishes are the same as Onda but the rebranding is due to chef change. They brought in a new chef and he puts a little more flair into each of his dishes. The menu has also decreased in size from the Onda menu. For a solid italian meal I recomend this restaurant. I always eat in the lounge in the front area and not in the main seating area in the rear. The bartender is the same guy every trip and he is excellent. Be aware that Portofino isn't open early in the week.

5. blizzard96

blizzard96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it last December and it is easily one of the best dollar to points values in myvegas. I was able to get my 30 something$ entrée comped and paid for partners entrée. I will be using again in June for sure.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.