1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Portable gas grills

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JWBlue, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they cook steaks and chicken reasonably well compared to full size gas grills?

What about in comparison to broiling in the oven?

If so, which brand/model should I buy?

What about Cuisinart?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean to take to a sporting event and tailgate or something else?
    We've had one of these for years and it works great for tailgating.

http://www.target.com/p/weber-go-anywhere-charcoal-grill/-/A-680402?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=680402&CPNG=Unassigned&kpid=680402&LID=13pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=680402&gclid=CIO_8cafyr8CFZBAMgodmWQAvQ

Christmas
  3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I picked up a Weber Q 100 last year and I really like it. I have only made chicken kabobs (thighs, more flavor) and sausage with peppers and onions. Haven't made steaks or chicken on the bone yet. The two piece grill is heavy cast iron and the burner control is good. For tailgates I also bring a single burner camp stove that sits on top of a gas bottle, great for hot apple cider and rum or spiced whiskey.

4. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We considered one Weber Q1200 before we bought a Weber E-210 which is small (not portable) but big enough to cook most items as compared to the portable model I saw in the store,

5. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 with the Weber Q

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Sounding to me like portability is not the question, rather space, as in apartment or condo living?

As with so many things, go big as big as you can handle or afford.

From a cooking perspective, heat applied evenly at the appropriate temp is heat applied evenly at the appropriate temp, so size per se should not be a detriment unless you overtax the heat, as in a turkey on a hibachi. (The type of heat source can matter depending on technique.) Some meat works great under the broiler, some does not, so that's limiting.

All equal, I'm a wood guy. But all is not often equal so we built a natural gas-fired whopper of a grill in with the yard project. We also have a kettle and smoker, both Weber, for when the need calls and ease/time allow.

7. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a portable Aussie gas grill that runs on those little green cylinders. Take it to tailgates all the time. That thing is a complete trooper. It always starts, always cooks the food, and then folds up and goes back in the truck. Definitely worth the $50 I spent on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.