1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool party for late thirties

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by AbsolutNut, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbsolutNut

AbsolutNut Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

We are a married UK couple shortly going to Vegas and staying at Aria.

Interested in pool parties that are suitable for husband and wife late thirties. Not too interested if it is over crowded and would like to possibly hire a bed or similar for the day for a reasonable cost.

In addition, any general advice on pools that play music during the day e.g. perhaps chillout vibes that are relaxing to just have a drink and chill to.

Thanks,
    Steve :)

2. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should qualify this by saying off the bat we're not pool people, so I can't say I know this 100% from personal experience [yet - we'll be staying at the Palazzo early next month, though] - but from what I've read & heard the Azure pool at the Palazzo has a reputation as being the most sophisticated and "laid back" of all the "adult" pools - more of a mature, relaxed, lounging around the pool vibe - as opposed to the raucous, blasting music, drunk rager vibe most of them have.

3. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are staying at Aria

All pool parties are fun for all ages that are 21 and over. I never feel out of place. I do feel older than everyone else but no one cares and eventually everyone is inebriated enough that you all get chatty with each other. I am way older than you two.

Most pools you need to be a guest at the hotel. Some do allow you in when not a guest but only on certain days.

If you go during the week you can get a bed or a cabana easily. You can also swing a deal for one. The weekends forget it. Everyone wants a cabana or a bed, so make a reservation and be prepared to pay on the weekends.

The Palms has two pools. The Pool at the original Palms where they have Ditch Friday's. Ditch Friday non-hotel guests can get in by paying a fee on FRIDAY. Loud. Young. Crowded. You won't be able to actually use the pool.

If you go to the pool at Aria make sure to ask about or stay out of the Death Ray area, unless MGM fixed it.

"Pintas, who is a personal injury attorney, worries that such records, along with public acknowledgments from Absher that the company is aware of the issue, could make MGM liable if the "death ray" leads to a serious injury."

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, the death ray affects the Vdara pool, not the Aria pools. As for the Aria pool party scene, their party pool is called Liquid. Never been to it, but there is a clear view of the pool and party form the spa balcony. So I have looked down at it many times and only seen young people.

5. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean by "death ray area"?

6. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first summer after CityCenter opened, there were stories of people getting badly burned at the Vdara pool. I think a plastic bag or two got melted. It had something to do with the curvature of the Vdara building amplying the suns rays upon reflection toward the pool deck. Google Vdara death ray and you will find stories about it.

Haven't seen any more stories since that first summer, so not sure if MGM fixed it or if the press just got bored with it. In either event, the Aria pools are not in the death ray's range

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Palazzo last month and Azure was not super loud or Hard Rock/Rehab insane. Granted, we were not there on Friday or Saturday. The rest of the week was $25 food and beverage purchase for entry. One option is to grab a lounger at the pool immediately adjacent to Azure. Most familys stay away from that pool because they think it is part of the topless scene.

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None.......

9. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What JW Blue said.

Trust me, you guys are not looking for a pool party. Those will be filled with wasted people 20 years younger than you, with techno music thumping so loud you can't talk...I may be mistaken but your post doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for. Seriously, just go to the adult pool/euro if they have one at Aria and you'll find what you're looking for. If not, cancel Aria and switch to Wynn or Encore and rent a day bed at either of the Euro pools...that's what you're describing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. slurpee

slurpee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any good clubs/bars at Flamingo for singles?

11. AbsolutNut

AbsolutNut Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. We have looked extensively at all the pool parties and to be honest our biggest fear is it being overcrowded and not being able to get a bed or similar.

Was tempted by Azure but I think we are edging towards Moorea at Mandalay Bay - possibly on a weekday.

Would appreciate any useful information and tips from others that have been.

Thanks,
    Steve :)

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only advice would be to call or email and make sure you can get in. The pool parties allow anyone to enter for a fee but euro pools like Moorea are usually only for hotel guests.

13. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in June, I know they let in some guests who were not staying at the hotel (they had moorea wristbands), but then again, they were young women, so maybe they made an exception

14. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This weekend, which was very, very busy, there were beds open at the MC pool. I could see them from the window, and there were enough open where it was noticeable. As a whole, the MC has the kind of vibe you're talking about -- it skews a bit older.

15. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoy Moorea Beach Club. We usually reserve a daybed or cabana (Moorea has several different types of cabana - you can see pics on the MB website) on a weekday. The vibe on weekdays isn't nearly as crazy as it is on weekends. In our experience the CW service is very good at Moorea Beach.

Enjoy!!

16. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, sorry for the late reply. I forgot I asked...

17. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M Resort Daydream

M Resort Daydream pool. Only open sat and sun during the summer. We did a daybed on a sat in august. Cost for the daybed was that we had to order $150 in food and beverage.

Get a room at the resort or take a cab to and from(40 each way) btw my wife and I had a lot of fun and we just hit 40.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.