1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PNut/V3gasjunkie Photo TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by peanutmnm, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind me asking, what camera did you use for those pictures? They came out great!

2. ilvegaslover

ilvegaslover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PNut, enjoyed your report and pictures. I have never seen the Valley of Fire only Red Rock Canyon in the late 90's. After that we never left the strip again. :rolleyes2: But someday I want to see that.

Never knew someone could win like that in roulette! Wow! Sorry, you didn't recoup your losses but I hope you had fun tryiing. Love that view from TI as I have stayed there in the past with a similar view. Too bad their windows are on the small side because the view is great.

I am planning to be in Vegas last weekend of September at the Wynn. Hope I see you and Lynne then.

3. Dox

Dox Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pnut, great report!!! Loved the pictures too!

I love TI, would stay there again in a heartbeat. What did Lynne think?

Love her new computer bag!!!

Thanks for the texts, too!!

4. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally got around to your report, R. Excellent as always. I loved that your breakfast at Tableau was nearly 5x the cost of your room at IP. You really cover the entire Vegas spectrum :).

5. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kodak Easy Share DX7440 circa 2004. I'm way past due to buy a new one if I can quit backing into family members cars.

ilvegaslover-Valley of Fire is totally awesome. If you ever get the chance to go out there I'm sure you would love it. We always have our car should our trips ever line up Lynne and I could take you and your daughter or friend out there. I'll email you our dates for Sept.

Dox-Lynne loved TI. The location is perfect being next to Fashion Show Mall and with the Forum shops near by. The only downside is the pool view rooms are loud as hell during the days. I assume the Siern show isn't much better on the other side of the hotel.

Joe, I knew you'd laugh about us staying at IP. Lynne wasn't impressed. She placed her purse inside our luggage that night to keep it clean and safe...what a snob! :poke:

6. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pnut I wish I would have taken a pic of the room I stayed at in IP for one night last year. I had booked a Go Room at Flamingo comped and was going with a few buddies. Well my parents happened to mention they were gonna go that weekend too for my Mom's 50th bday, so me being a great son said take my Go Room, I got 3 nights comped at Monte Carlo. It was a 4 night stay and I was staying with a friend who had been to Vegas a couple times, but just played poker for the most part. We checked on HET website with his card and he got an IP classic room for $15.

Well when we walked in this room my jaw hit the floor because of how dilapidated this room was. Every piece of that room was probably older than me (26) and we had a view of a wall that was 4 feet in front of our balcony. Luckily we got homeless drunk that night and didn't care. The Monte Carlo felt like the rainman suite the next night after that experience. That being said I still don't mind the luv tub rooms there.

7. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with IP was similar to yours. I haven't given HET any play in 5-6 years other than a little baccarat action at Caesar's. I logged on to my TR account and got a $17 rate. The room furnishings weren't as bad as yours but there were several stains on the floor and the AC unit never shut off. My wife said never again. V3gasjunkie had an empty room in the Augustus Tower that night. I'll probably never hear the end of that one.

I keep forgetting how young you are. When we finally meet you'll see I'm almost as old as your folks. Ahhh, I'm young at heart!

8. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! I also think the Bouchon is slightly better than Tableau and that is only because of the beignets. The other breakfast spot I want to try that I hear is on par with those two is Verandah. The breeze bar is one of my favourite spots to grab a cocktail. The bartenders there are great and the cocktail servers in the lounge are hot!

9. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started going to the Breeze Bar thanks to you. Seems like it was a tweet or facebook suggestion. Still haven't scored Macallan 18 there but the bartenders don't know me too well yet.

I took my wife for afternoon tea at the Verandah a couple of years ago. The setting is hard to beat and the tea service served with finger foods was outstanding. Airball did breakfast there and didn't think it was anything special. I'd go again dispite his review.

I believe the beignets are only available on weekends at Bouchon. I remember being pissed off a few years ago when they told me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.