1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please help

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by golfer1903, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok im looking for a direct flight from clev to las, united is the only airline that offers it here. I can book on united airline website under vac packages and get it for less then from the hotel (mirage)..

If I go on priceline I can get it real cheap, but I never used then and I'm scared of the unknown.

it states is a non stop flight and since i KNOW UNITED IS THE ONLY ONE I ASSUME IT WILL BE THAT ONE, but dont know if im missing sonthing or hidden fees

Has anyone ever used them? are the ligit? can i pick my plane seat ?

any and all help please

2. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has non-stops out of Cleveland, but not year round. And they sell out faster. We're booked June 14th. Can't help you with priceline.

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Does it really matter?
    If it's CLE to LAS non-stop, which is what you want, isn't that all that matters?

I'm confident it's a passenger plane and not a jump seat in a cargo plane.

Go for it

4. raisingoo

raisingoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you 100% require a nonstop flight, but United isn't the only carrier that does this. Try checking Southwest at www.southwest.com (only bookable via their website, not 3rd parties), which does have direct flights from Cleveland.

Unfortunately, you can't pick your seat with Southwest. Boarding priority is handicapped/differently-abled/passengers needing special assistance first, then A group, then B group, then C group... Your A/B/C/ group depends on how early you check in (up to 24 hours prior to your flight) or you can pay $15 for "early bird checkin" which usually means A group. A group boards first (after handicapped/differently-abled/passengers needing special asssitance first), then B group, then C group...

I know Southwest Vacations (www.southwestvacations.com) offers flight and hotel (and flight and hotel and rental car) packages, if you need to book everything all at once.

I know I'm sounding like an advertisement for them, but I'm not affiliated with them at all. But I have flown to Vegas with them for 5 times and never really had a bad customer experience with them. The worst I've had is that one of my flights was delayed 45 minutes. (Big deal, it happens.)

I've never used Priceline personally, so I can't comment on them specifically. All I can suggest is to read the fine print with any travel reservation company you decide to book with. And note that there is usually cancellation fees or change fees, should your plans change, with any 3rd party company (probably including them).

Hope this helps.

5. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks but................

I dont fly very well so i looking for direct flight, for the less up and down. No problem with the direct flight just wanted to know if anyone had an experience with price line cuz the little note said non stop but the disclaimer states may be stops, wanted to know if anyone had a problem before.

I love southwest i just used for florida the other day, in my opinion there the best, but thereflight scheduleis not out for jan 2014 yet, and since united only has one direct flight i did not want to lose it just incase, cuz when i called southwest the lady stated not to many direct flights from clev but will be from columbus, but my friend wont drive there so in stuck with cleveland. I can wait for the southwest info to come out but im affraid I'll lose the only non stop or the cost will keep going up, cuz it already jumped 150 bucks round trip in the last 1.5 weeks.

any others????

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

1 - A "direct" flight usually has a stop and/or change of planes. This is a very bad term in the travel busines.

2 - A "nonstop" does not stop or require a change. This is almost never, ever abused term.

3 - Jan 2014 is too early to book anything right now. Southwest only shows flights out through a certain time. Wait for them to have Jan schedules.

And, in the future, put your request in the title. At least half the posts here are from people that "Need Help". Thanks

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.