1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please Help W/ Rental Car Discount Promo Codes.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Nick61, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick61

Nick61 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother is getting married in Vegas. We're renting a car for a week in December, and are blown away by how expensive they've gotten.

We used to have regular postings here about rental car discount codes. But it's a post rarely seen here recently.

It seems it's becoming more difficult to get a decent deal on a rental car in Vegas--sort've like how the direction of airfares have gone.

Any help, and/or any guidance on where to go would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. SoCalTrucker

SoCalTrucker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last trip we took we flew in instead of driving and used www.rentalcarmomma.com. We wound up saving about $100 for the long weekend. Hope this helps.

3. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually find the best deals on rental cars through Costco travel or chase credit cards travel portal.

If your neither a chase card holder or costco member I would check out carrentalsavers.com

4. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try thrifty. Seem to have best rates lately

5. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try expedia or travelocity.CA. That is the Canadian site, not the US site. I found the US versions to be way more money. I have been searching for decent rental rates for next week and found them to be by far the cheapest including Costco and their US versions, As a bonus to the OP, it will be even cheaper since the conversion rate to US dollars is in your favour big time.

6. Nick61

Nick61 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

7. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was recently pricing out a car for May. I did Kayak, Yahoo travel, and direct websites. I found that the actual websites for the car rental companies where the cheapest. Dollar still is giving me the best deal as they did last May. Happy hunting!

Jill's 21st!
  8. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    carrentals.com usually has some of the lowest prices and you can compare companies. Also on the individual sites check your prices before and after discount codes. A couple of times I found prices lower without a coupon code as they mark up then discount

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car Rental Savers is a consolidator of promo codes. Enter your dates/times, and it gives you a handy graph of all rental companies and their discounted prices.

Also I use RetailMeNot. I type in the company name (and this goes for any commercial company, not just car rentals) and it gives you a listing of all current (and old that may or may not still work) for that business.

*** Off topic side note about RetailMeNot, I downloaded the app to my Android and sort of forgot about it. Recently my wife and I went to an outlet mall for clothes for her upcoming job interview and the RetailMeNot app noted my location and buzzed me about all of the stores in that mall and their available coupons. My wife and I ended up making purchases from four stores, all of which were prompted by coupons offered by the app.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  10. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the fees that make it so bad! I got a midsize car for next weekend at $12/day. A $48 rental turns into $89 after fees!!

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you book through kayak/priceline can you still do the 'skip the counter' thing?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.