1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please help me decide which two flavors to make. My bf and I don't see eye to eye on this matter.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Happygirl21, Jul 18, 2016.

?

Jello-shots, of these five, which flavor is the best?

1. A. Raspberry

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. B. Lime

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. C. Watermelon

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  4. D. Strawberry

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  5. E. Orange

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I am asking for you guys to settle an on going debate in my house.

I am hosting my annual summer BBQ next weekend and plan to make Jello-shots. There is big debate on which are the better flavors for these little treats. I know I have always gotten great LV suggestions from you all, so I am sure this will be no different!

Thanks and happy voting :drunk:

In the planning phase.
  2. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Licorice and banana

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's different and interesting! Thanks.

In the planning phase.
  4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put a blueberry in each of my blue Jell-O shots . Lime jello made with marshmallow vodka is delicious.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted watermelon..seems right for a summer BBQ..Boy do I miss a Jersey cookout with fresh corn on the cob off the grill..Oh man Hope it goes great for ya:thumbsup:

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted strawberry. I vaguely remember the effects of those one summer...whoo boy.

7. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peach -- peach jello with peach schnapps. Pina Colada--pineapple jello with Malibu- actually Whalers Killer Coconut is better and less expensive.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  8. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted for watermelon, but here is the list I made for a party last year. BTW I made over 500 and at the end of the weekend they were all gone.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote to scrap the poll and make these shots. Big fan of coconut, anyway to make one that is like a Mounds bar? With chocolate?

10. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh My Goodness, carrie_dave_and cody, one sounds more spectacular than the next! Can I ask, # 11(-Blue Hawaiian) I do not see any water, how do I dissolve the Jello? Also, I see a few others ( particularly 12,14, &15) don't have water listed. Would I use the standard one cup boiling water? One last question, are these all based on the small box of Jello?

I can not wait to try some of these :licklips:.

Thanks a bunch! I knew I could count on members of VMB!

:beer:
    Ps- I just whipped up a batch of number 8, the Orange Dreamsicle. I could have just drank the Jello in its liquid form, it tasted amazing,lol ! Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    In the planning phase.
  11. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

Hopefully this is a helpful hint for all you jello shot makers......a friend of mine did this recently and it worked like a charm.....spray the inside of the container with a light spray of coconut oil!

Helps keep the jello from sticking to the plastic and hey, isn't coconut oil the newest health food craze?

Cheers,
    Kelly

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't weigh in on the flavors, other than to say experiment with the booze you mix with too.

Just make sure that you serve them in syringes. not paper cups. Much cleaner delivery system.

13. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Girl...#11 I just boiled the Pineapple juice, no need for water. #17 I boiled half the champagne. The rest I used water for, I uploaded the wrong copy. Everybody we hang out with like firmer Jell-O shots so I add a extra packet of plain gelatin in the mix with the flavored Jell-O. With the pudding shots I use 3/4c. of milk and put in the freezer, They taste kind of like Jell-O pudding pops. And yes these are all based on the small box of Jell-O. I also use sugar free Jell-O in quiet a few of them. Some of us a diabetic or pre-diabetic, plus I think you get drunk faster. I always make mine in 2oz cups with lids. I put the corresponding number on each lid so everyone knows what they are getting.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  14. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted Strawberry. But I have to say I've never done Jello-shots.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to post this on Monday but didn't want to thread-jack, so I waited. This is one of many favorite episodes since it covers all the seasons of year. It reminds me how fast the year goes. This week I'm sweating as I walk from my car to the front door at work and it had me wishing for cooler weather, but spring and summer are my favorite seasons. I love corn on the grill. It was neat to see jamesxnj mention it. Butter on my cheeks!

"M*A*S*H: A War for All Seasons (#9.6)" (1980)
    Capt. B.J. Hunnicut: In a few minutes we're going to be decobbing corn, thanks to you and your khaki thumb.
    Father Mulcahy: Don't I know it. All week I've been dreaming of getting butter on my cheeks, juice on my shirt, and a niblet wedged between two molars.
    [walks up to the table]
    Father Mulcahy: Where is the corn?
    Cpl. Igor Straminsky: You're looking at it. The mushy stuff.
    Father Mulcahy: You... You creamed it!
    [on the verge of tears]
    Father Mulcahy: You... you ninny!
    Cpl. Igor Straminsky: [everybody yells at Igor] I was just trying to be helpful. Next Fourth of July you can eat it on the cob for all I care.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS