1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Ratpacker13, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may not be a man of wealth but definitely one of taste (props to you if you get the reference!)

I go by many names but for our purposes here I go by Ratpacker13 and I would say I am truly a Vegas veteran having been well over 100 times (on average 7+ times a year with my record being 12+ in a year's time!) No, I am not a high roller or a whale by any means and the majority of my trips are for work but I manage to squeeze in some fun here and there.

I do LOVE me some Vegas and in addition to the many trips out, I have many friends that reside there that have showed me the ropes of not only many ways to "work the system" but more importantly shown me many cool spots usually only known to locals. Add to that my love for kitsch, all things fringe, a good dive bar, happy hours and anything and everything off the beaten path and there you got me. So if you have a taste for Hunter S. Thompson, old school Vegas, Sinatra and his cronies, stiff drinks, punk, rock N roll, tiki drinks and a sense of adventure, then i'm yer boy! Looking forward to talkin' with yah, sharing some tricks and learning some new ones, so til then, I'll catch yah in Bat Country!

2. Firehawk

Firehawk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Ratpack, I'm a newbie with only 3 trips to Vegas but I love Vegas!!! Looking forward to hearing your tips and stories. :thumbsup:

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! I've read your few posts and it's obvious that "you knows your stuff"... I look forward to more.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!! Would love to hear some of you stories...

5. sceej

sceej Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That intro seems familiar? Did I meet you at a crossroads one time? You were offering me a string of winners for the low low price of my soul?

Always pleased to hear more experienced folks joining and giving relative newbies like me benefit of your knowledge.

And as for dive bars? Only thing better than a good dive bar is a bad dive bar!

6. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the warm welcome kids (I use that as a term of endearment mind you) hope to share some good stories, great tips and read some as well!

Thanks for the compliment Smartone and props to Sceej on picking up that reference and agreed, the only thing better than a good dive bar is bad dive bar (RIP Atomc Liquor!)

P.S. I know Atomic is reopening but it will never be the same....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.