1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plaza Offer - Is this as Good as it gets from them?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by north east j, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Was in Vegas last November and stayed in teh Plaza for 2 nights to try it out. Gave them a fair amount of play - maybe like $1500-$2000 coin in over 2 days(i think I lost about $400 and had a pretty good run, so i am guesstimating coin in). Just got an offer for them that is:

4 free nights
    $70 FP
    $40 F&B
    Anytime in Sept or Oct.

Is that as good an offer as Plaza gives - or does anyone know if it gets better? I am super happy with the offer, but I am wondering if this is a sign that they are struggling, am I being over-comped, and if others are getting offers like this?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No offense, but you should be thrilled with that offer if you only gave them $1200-1500 in play over two days.

I gave them $3k of play (one day) when I was there on a one night comp in March and it's gotten me nothing.

3. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak to whether that's a good offer for the Plaza...

But if you put in $1,500 coin in, that works out to a theo of around $150. They are giving you 4 free nights, $70 of free play, and $40 of food and beverage. So yeah - I'd say that's a pretty good comp.

Do you really mean $1,500 coin in? Or do you mean you dumped $1,500 into the machines (i.e. actual loss)?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a sweet offer to me for ~$750 daily coin in.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Adjusted my figures in original post....

6. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you lost $400, then your coin in (on a typical slot) is probably $4,000, because the average house edge on a slot is somewhere around 10% ish. Depends on the slot of course.

But if you say you had a pretty good run, perhaps your coin-in was even higher. Maybe $5,000 or more.

Your theo is gonna be around 10% of your coin-in.

Your comps are gonna be around 40% of your theo.

So perhaps you're worth more like $500 to them, and they're prepared to comp you $200. In which case, this offer still sounds really solid, but far more in line with what I'd expect.

7. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave them whatever amount of action that maximized their first-time sign up promotion (guess after 10 years or so they lose your data) last December. (I think it was about 3k coin in ..all in one day). I have received several offers I have ignored starting about a month after the fact for free nights and tourneys,etc.

I received the exact same comp offer as you recently 4 free night, $70 free play $40 food credit vald AUG,SEP, OCT..... so maybe they are getting "aggressive" that said I'm still taking the comp at the Flamingo (GO room) with no freeplay or food when I go in Spetember

If you stay there let me know how the bed is, Ive heard conflcting reports. Also do they all have balconies? and if so do they open? :beer:

8. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may be increasing the comps now since they ate collecting a resort fee on each night stay

9. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes!

Yes, that is a very good comp from the Plaza. They are fairly notorious for not comping very well, but with one exception. If you have played $1000 or more (this is my own guestimate) and you go up to the Slot Players club and ask for a comp to Oscar's Restaurant (nice one), they should pony up a $100 or so for the dinner. I always do that when I've been on a bad run (or even a good run).

So your offer is a good one!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.