1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Play one for VMB?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by thecarve, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So...most of us gamble while we're in Vegas. And I'd imagine nearly all of us have placed a bet or run a twenty through a machine for a friend, family member or coworker. So, why not do the same thing for the board? Get Sonya & Company in on the action!

Obviously, slot and VP action would be problematic - no one's going to give Sonya their royal when they lost huge the rest of the trip (perhaps we could say the board gets the winnings of the next two or three hands/spins if we hit a jackpot on "the board's" spin). But it would be easy for table games players or sports/horse bettors. Just pick a hand (in advance:rolleyes2:) to play for the board, and donate the winnings. Or maybe we could place a bet on Sonya's favorite team (provided she's not a Cubs or Browns fan...none of us want VMB to fold:poke:).

It might be cool to have a thread with pics of winning bets for the board

Thoughts?

2. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did kinda that for SuperBowl weekend. I posted live pic of my off strip hotel and first person to guess my hotel got a $10 bet on their choice of team. The winner picked Baltimore and he told me to just give winnings to Sonya. I gladly sent Sonya a $20 donation. But I like your idea of any kind of bet. I will do something on my upcoming trip, oh gosh, hmm, that is in 5 days! :D

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Seahawks fan, so you may still be doomed. :)

I always appreciate the donations that keep the wheels turning around here. Making a bet in Vegas makes it a little bit more fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.