1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Platinum downgraded to gold COMP question.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by k8marketing, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k8marketing

k8marketing Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time registered and posting. I started going to CET properties in Atlantic city back in October 2014 and gained platinum status by April 2015. Each trip I usually gain about 1,000 points including the extra they know on when you meet a certain mark. July 2016 was the last time I went until January of this year. So far I made two visits this year, and have about 2,100 points. This means I will obviously fall out of status today and downgrade to gold.

I have been checking my comps which included rooms, free pay, food offers and they definitely took a huge hit as of last week. No free rooms anymore on Friday/Saturday (Im lucky I booked July 4th weekend since last year). Some weekends I would go and receive about $200 in FP from different offers now its down to about $25 FB or a free visa/macys/shell gift card.

My questions are the following...

1) Do i have to hit the 5,000 point mark for platinum before I get my same offers again? or will it change now that they see i am back to gaining 1,000 points per trip?

2) This weekend I wanted to go but as of yesterday the price was $130 and looks like this for all weekends in the summer. This morning I see it went down to $36 and literally minutes later dropped to $28. Does this mean if rooms are not filling up by the weekends this may hit $0? With the way I play I do when Im there I just refuse to pay $36+$27 resort fee.

3) The two trips this month I used the free buffet comps for 2 people that they gave out so its a total of 4 free buffets given to my party in a month. This along with accepting free gift cards, do they take this into effect with room costs and other comps?

4) Last but not least, when I see the price of $36 for a room is it worth it to call and see if I can get this completely comped? or will they figure this is an insult?

Thanks Everyone!

2. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Define a visit. A few days? A few hours? Your offers are based on how much you play. Do you play tables? Slots?

3. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold, Platinum and Diamond have nothing to do with the offers you receive. It's all based on your ADT. Remember to factor in the resort fees when booking. Even a comped room will cost you some money.

4. darrenfromindy

darrenfromindy Low-Roller

Your offers are based on your average daily theoretical loss and have nothing to do with your card level. There are Gold card holders who get comped at Caesars Palace...and Diamonds who can't get free rooms at Flamingo. If you want great offers, study ways to boost ADT and don't worry so much about "tier". Hint: Make fewer visits with a bigger bankroll. Good luck!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. No, your offers have nothing to do directly with your tier, it's tied to how much play you average on a daily basis.

2. CET prices do change often. Check once or twice a day.

3. If they gave you free buffets or gift cards, it's based on your past play. As soon as your play starts to go down, so do your offers. Any day you use a comp of any kind counts as a gaming day when figuring out your rating.

4. No, the price you see is the lowest price they are willing to give you at that moment. Could it change a couple of hours later? Yes.

6. k8marketing

k8marketing Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

From 3pm to check out the next day. Never stay for more than a night. Only table i play is roulette. I do play slots as well.

7. k8marketing

k8marketing Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotcha. Thanks a lot! I definitely well not be chasing Platinum status again like I did the first time. If it happens it happens.

8. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm reading your original post correctly, you first earned platinum status in April 2015? If that's the case, you will remain platinum thru January 2017. So you will not have a break in your status unless you fail to earn 5k tier credits in 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.