1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood comped room - upgrades? &TC ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by miki716, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miki716

miki716 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! I'm heading to PH next week and I have a HH King Strip view comped Wed-Sat. I live close to AC but usually play at the Borgata there, only occasionally at CET properties but the conference I'm going to in Vegas is in PH so I booked there. Any chance I could get an upgrade that time of the week/year? I'm not necessarily looking for a view as much as a coffee pot, decent size room and the biggest tub I can find! Which room should I request?

Also - in regards to the 50% TC promo, how many would I have to earn in one day to hit diamond? My BR is a bit higher than my normal cause it's Vegas! I figure if I can hit diamond while there I'll try and play a bit more at the CET prop in AC. I'm currently Platinum.

This board has been a wealth of info - thanks so much!

2. easy_money

easy_money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the forum!!! The HH rooms are there standard rooms at PH. It's a bit dated but I like the atmosphere there. The bathrooms are roomy. There's a shower and also a soak in tub. It's about regular size, fits 1 person only. When are you exactly going? Next weekend or during the week? There's 2 big conventions going on next week (World Of Concrete and Safari Club). You can check the $20 Trick Section at http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?91575-Planet-Hollywood to see what the stats are for upgrades there. If you give the $20 upgrade a shot, I wouldn't expect anything more than an upgrade to view and/or Resort room. May get lucky and get the Jr Vista or Strip suites. Best of luck and enjoy!!

3. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I was in your shoes last month. I decided to take my comped room, which faced the back of the property rather than the Strip, and was the standard 450 sq. feet instead of 500+. My eStandby upgrade would have amounted to $100, because it was $30 a day plus tax. I decided to nix it and keep my "free" room (meaning $0.00 + $25 a day + tax, so $84 for the whole trip). We were just two pals who needed queen beds to pass out in and didn't care about the view, and 450 sq. ft. is still an oversized room. We never wound up wishing that we'd coughed up the extra C-Note, since (I believe) the mattresses are still the same and all that, so we stayed just as comfortably and kept a grand in our pocket.

4. deadeye

deadeye Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20150127_181620.jpg 20150127_181620.jpg Hi and welcome, I checked in last Saturday and of course asked for a complimentary upgrade from standard hh room. Was told they are not allowed to give the resort vista rooms anymore which had 4 large windows, king, two real closets, large screen in the bath etc. ( like a junior suite ). They are at the end of the 2 apex that jut towards the strip very nice and my favorite. But the young lady could and did put me in resort mountain room which is larger 600 sg.ft.? Large window 2 queen, high floor also much nicer than standard.
    I believe the key is to know what you want be pleasant and availavailability I give them $20 to $50 and they are very thankful. I am platinum stay at ph frequently and now prefer the unobstructed peaceful mountain view.
    Ph has a great vibe, staff and are quite unpretentious. This one has a coffee maker last one did not. Take the north elavator to the lobby and it litrally opens to a Starbucks. Good luck and I would definitely pay a little more for these rooms if I had to.

Attached Files:

5. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any of the rooms at PH have a fridge? Also how is the Wifi there?

6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The suites have a fridge, but not the mini suites. You can always have a fridge sent up. The wifi is fine......it's better than in Starbucks.

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bonus doesn't really help you hit DIAD. You need 15000 tier credits for Diamond. If you earned 4999 tier credits in a day, you would get a daily bonus if 5000. In April, CET would give you a 50% bonus.....giving you 14999 tier credits from the one day....short of DIAD.
    Your trip is probably 3.5 days. You would be better off to earn 2500 tier credits and get the 5000 daily bonus on one of the days and earn 1000 and 500 tier credits on the other 2 days (1000 and 125 daily bonus). That play along with 50% bonus offer would give you Diamond.

Alternatively, if you earn 5000 in a day, you get a 10k daily bonus. You get DIAD without the spevial 50% bonus. This requires significant play and bankroll. If you are a table player, even the 2500 tier credits in a day requires a large average bet,

8. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get 2500 this past Sat with a little slot play, say an hour and close to 6 hrs of bj with 200 avg. It can be done!

Now 5k that would be tough without some serious action or one helluva session.

Good luck, PH is my home base in Vegas, great staff and dealers. I would recommend trying to get up to a resort room, bathrooms are nicer and better Windows.

9. easy_money

easy_money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No fridge in any of the standard rooms or the junior/mini suites. Only in the Panoramic, Boulevard, and Apex suites. When I stayed in the HH and Resort rooms, I'll buy packs of water and drinks from the ABC store and then I just used the tub as a fridge. Went to the ice machine with 2/3 bags and filled with ice and throw it in the tub. Instant fridge!!! :peace:

10. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Will prepare accordingly for a fridge-free stay.

11. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood is also our preferred place to stay and this was what I used to do to keep stuff cold. The bags at ABC are perfect for carrying ice from the ice machine. This last trip I took a soft sided cooler that would hold an 18 pack and it worked great. Only had to add ice one time on a five night trip and put all the dirty clothes in it for the trip back. The wife has added it to the do not forget list of stuff that goes to Vegas.

Mark

12. miki716

miki716 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the help. The reviews on Tripadvisor are a bit off putting to say the least. My conference is at PH but I could stay at Paris if it's nicer. I'm going this Wednesday so I'll just hope for the best I guess! My main points are a large soaking tub and a coffeepot if possible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.