1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Planet Hollywood Blackjack?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by hondo230, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they have 3/2 Blackjack tables? Or is it littered with 6/5 tables?
    What are the minimum wagers for the 3/2 tables, if they do have them?

2. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in August, I was playing $15+ a hand and was able to easily find 3:2. I believe that the tables in the "pleasure pit" where the hot girls deal is all 6:5 but everything else should be 3:2 and I don't think I ever saw a table go below $15/hand minimum

4. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there during NFR and could not find a 3:2 table below $100 min. Pleasure pit was all crappy rules, but even the tables outside of their near Heart bar were bad rules and 6/5 at $15.

MGM props have 3/2 but only in the continuous shuffle games, really slow periods, or HL games. Im resolved to play Blackjack at the Riv, downtown, or offstrip now.

5. hertzer

hertzer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend purchasing a current copy of Stanford Wong's Current Blackjack News. It will answer all your questions about Blackjack conditions concerning payouts, table minimums, and other things.

https://secure.bj21.com/order/order1.htm

6. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there last October there were 3:2 tables outside the Pleasure Pit area and at a group of four tables next to the High Limit room that had Pleasure Pit dealers. Lowest minimum there was $25 - not sure if they had cheaper 3:2 tables in the regular pit. A month earlier I played 3:2 at a Pleasure Pit table - starting at $15 but then it switched to $25 minimum.

7. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars properties do have the most 6:5 blackjack. It can be tough to find 3:2 tables at decent minimums.

However, MGM has some of the best blackjack rules in Vegas. You can find 3:2 S17 DAS RSA LS 6D as low as $25 min at MGM Grand, Bellagio, Mirage, and Aria. And their 6:5 is typically limited to single deck. You can even find $5 3:2 at places like Circus Circus.

8. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there any chance I can find a 3:2 game at Planet Hollywood during the week (January 23, no NFL games or major events) for $25 or so?

9. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolulely. Read HuskerBB's post and he describes the best place to find the 3:2 tables for $25. It's away from the Go-Go dancers but the dealers are all wearing the hot outfits (this all starts at 8:00PM, I think every night). This 4-table pit has three H17 8-deck shoes and one H17 2-deck game, all $25 (and pay 3:2).

There are some other 2 and 8 deck games for $25 spread around the place as well. Note: the 2-deck game includes No-double-after-split. (These are also 3:2). Mainly, their 6:5 games (wherever they are) are single-deck, but they may do that on some double-deck tables as well.

Something funny to watch (but not play) is Never-Bust-Blackjack at the PH. The rules are that both the player and dealer keep hitting any 16 and below until they bust, and then the bust card is taken away and what's left over is your total. It seems symmetrical but they add a rule that you push if the dealer ends up with 15. You still get a bonus on blackjack. It's funny because it's dealt like a machine gun as there are no player card play decisions at all (except insurance which you should skip).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG how many more ways can they come up with to turn blackjack into a carnival game??

11. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have about half 3:2 half 6:5. Pleasure Pit will always be 6:5.

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can probably find it, but it will likely be H17.

13. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as people will buy in, the possibilities are endless. Just say no!

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny, one time I was in PH and I walked by the (empty) Never Bust BJ table and the pretty dealer tried to get me to play.

"Is it 6-5?"
    "Yes."

I just shook my head and walked away. She smiled as if she understood my annoyance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.