1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood 2-18 to 2-21 Live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by trooth, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I am starting trip report a little early. I like to include my trip preparation in my report and I have already checked out and went on vacation in my mind a week ago. I am booked on an offer from Planet Hollywood 2 nights and $550 to gamble with. I qualify for 5 comped nights, so the third one is comped anyways. I really don't have the bankroll for a longer trip so I like to keep it 3 days despite the long flight from South Carolina.

I generally give an open invite at work for friends to join me as well as friends outside of work. My first trip out one joined me, and I was surprised that another took me up this time. He doesn't drink, and doesn't gamble, but he is going through rough times with his dad deep in Alzheimer's right now and needs a vacation. This will be good for me too. It gives me a break from my normal degeneracy, who knows, I might even book a win for a change.

He is going to leave me to my gambling for Monday, that is one day I want to hit a high ADT to keep these offers coming. He plans to go see Mystere Monday night. I have secured a Mirage buffet pass through My Vega. I have about 11k points left, not sure what I am going to do with it. We are going to do a dam tour on Wednesday, I want to see it, and if I hit big it may change to an air tour of Grand Canyon.

More to come.

2. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time!

3. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to be a degenerate gambler, I also have insomnia and I like to drink. It makes for some interesting times when travelling to Vegas. Saturday here in South Carolina I had to work a 12 hour shift. I work 10 hours today (Sunday) as well which is a normal shift for me. My insomnia gets to be the worst in January and February, and I only slept 3 hours before my 12 hour shift. I was hoping that would lead into a 10 hour sleep session before work today, but alas I only got 5.

I will be working noon to 11 PM tonight. I then have 4 hours before we take off for the airport, which is a 3 hour drive if I can beat morning rush hour traffic, otherwise it is 4 hours or more. So I may be looking at 5am today to 9am tomorrow before I can sleep again on the plane. That is if the excitement lets me sleep at all. It makes for a particularly volatile mix when you are sleep deprived and alcohol fueled for the first day or two in Vegas. Degeneracy at its best.

Still looking forward to the madness. We had our first snow that stuck yesterday, 1 hour of snow that did not stick to the roads yet everyone freaked out, you got to love southern snow storms.

4. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some pictures from my trip last June. I was on a drunken stu per my last night there.

And I added one from grade school for fun.

Attached Files:

5. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sitting at the airport. Leaving early worked out well we missed rush hour traffic completely. Breezed through security and grabbed some chicken biscuits. First leg is to Phoenix and a hour and a half layover. Enough time for a lunch and then an hour to Vegas.

6. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great Trip and thanks for the updates! Good Luck!

7. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It makes for a particularly volatile mix when you are sleep deprived and alcohol fueled for the first day or two in Vegas. Degeneracy at its best.

You couldn't have made it sound more interesting! Can't wait to see what happens. Good luck and have a great time!

8. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and keep us posted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.