1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Places that sell a veggie burger?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by the_enigma, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_enigma

the_enigma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, so yes im a veggie and looking at a few menu's for the strip restaurants, I cant seem to find any that do Veggie Burgers, anyone know some that do and if they are any good?

Also any veggie friendly restaurants would be helpful too cheers

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good website with recommendations:

http://vegetarianinvegas.com/

Personally went to Pura Vida which is not on the strip but was incredible. I am no a vegetarian at all. Friend and his wife who live in Vegas and are vegetarians took me there.

Hope this helps with ideas.

3. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello fellow Veg-Head!

Hash House a Go Go at the Quad has a portobello burger (it was just okay)

Gordon Ramsey's BurGR has the earth burger - which is a portobello burger too
    (haven't had it yet but plan to in May)

BLT Burger in the Mirage has a veggie burger (Didn't have it - had a salad)

I read that at the Wynn, they will make anything Vegan or Vegetarian if you ask them

Cheesecake Factory in the Forum Shops mall has options - a portobello burger and they also have fantastic mushroom wraps - along with veggie spring rolls and more. I know its a chain but the menu is huge.

Burger Brasserie inside the Paris has a veggie burger (haven't tried but saw the menu)

I just go to the restaurant websites where I think I might want to eat and look at their menus. Eating Vegetarian is really not that hard in Vegas, there's so much to choose from!

40th Birthday Bash!
  4. mescalita

mescalita High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mr. Lucky's at Hard Rock has an excellent made from scratch veggie/grain burger.
    Happy Cow is another helpful website with reviews: http://www.happycow.net/

5. marcianofan

marcianofan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zoozoo crackers at the Wynn has a veggie burger w/fries and a chocolate milkshake combo that was pretty good, I had it twice last stay. The wife had the milkshake...

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steve Wynn is now a vegan, every restaurant at Wynn and Encore offers vegan selections.

7. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am vegetarian. No offence intended but if you cannot find a veggie burger you are just not looking hard enough.:poke:

Check the online menus for any burger place. Almost all will have a veggie option. Places like Cheesecake Factory and Grand Lux also have them. Hotel cafes have them.

Along with salads, pastas and pizzas, veggie burgers are the easiest veggie options to find in Vegas. I like a good veggie burger. This link is about 2 years old but will give you some idea -

http://vegetarianinvegas.com/veggie-burger-round-up

I remember enjoying the veggie burgers at Le Burger Brasserie and Cheesecake Factory, both proper burgers, not large mushrooms. The chopped mushroom burger at Grand Lux is good but very rich. I was less impressed by BLT Burger but that was partly the ambiance. It did not help that I chipped a tooth on a grit of some sort. (I forgot I was in USA. That should have been worth a minimum of $50,000 in compensation!)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  8. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

I am not a vegetarian but try to eat a couple vegetarian meals a week (try). I've been dying to try the falafel burger at BLT Burger in the Mirage. Some say its better than the actual beef burger! It's on their online menu. It's on my must eat list next visit as falafels are my favorite sandwich/pita.

9. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On non-burger veggie options there are always pastas, pizzas and salads which I mentioned earlier. Most places will have those.

Veggie choices have improved massively in the last few years. All the restaurants at Wynn and Encore have vegan/vegetarian options. That would be the easiest option but many restaurants are now specifying vegan/vegetarian options. Have a look at the online menus for the restaurants at the hotels. Many upscale restaurants have veggie tasting menus.

I like this website for some slightly 'off the beaten track' options -

http://eatingveganinvegas.tumblr.com

It has never been easier for vegetarians in Vegas. Just do a little research.:beer:

10. the_enigma

the_enigma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, I did a quick search but didnt get very far as there's so many restaurants would take me forever to look at them all...

I should have mentioned im allergic to mushrooms, which drives me nuts as all chefs/restaurants think thats the best/only alternative to meat in the world!!!

Anyway I digress, im staying at Harrah's so the Mirage could be a good choice to check out as Harrah's has no options in theirs when I looked & i'll look at the sites you all mentioned too cheers.

Anyone know a good veggie friendly Japanese place? Love those fat noodles they do, Udon is it?

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KGB (at Harrah's) has a veggie burger on the menu, doesn't it? I can't vouch for the place, but it does seem to get pretty good reviews.

Number 50!
  12. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Losing Your Vegan Virginity In Vegas

Losing Your Vegan Virginity In Vegas is a lengthy article with pictures in Vegas Chatter...
    ---
    you find it at http://www.vegaschatter.com/tag/Downtown
    ---
    Put Losing Your Vegan Virginity In Vegas in the search box... it a fairly updated article only being posted the last week in November... some of the food looks outstanding even for non-vegans.!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  13. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Here's a direct link to that article -

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/11/23/125716/66/vegas-travel/Losing+Your+Vegan+Virginity+In+Vegas

14. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burger Bar

The Burger Bar @ Mandalay Bay has the best veggie burger I've ever had. It's the Chef's Veggie Burger. The skinny & fat fries were both delicious. Also Cheesecake Factory @ Caesar's has a great veggie sandwich The Incredible Eggplant Sandwich. Enjoy your trip!!

15. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a place inside the Venetian....maybe Noodle Asia? Anyway I was having a craving for noodles and they served me up a huge plate of pan fried noodles and veggies which was soooooo good. It came with mushrooms but you could ask them to leave those off. Good prices too.

40th Birthday Bash!
  16. the_enigma

the_enigma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked and they do indeed, dont know how I missed it lol wil have to check it out when im there, might be my first Vegas meal as im gonna be tired & probably hungry after a 20 hour journey via LA!

17. the_enigma

the_enigma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers i'll check that place out too, should be food for everyone there as my friends are definitely non-veggies.. No doubt I'll get dragged to a few non-veggie friendly restaurants so making sure i'll be able to get them to a few that I can eat at happily without complaining as no dubt they will be if I do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.