1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Place for music & dancing for 50yr old and 21yr old?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by pink_paradise, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom (50) LOVES to dance with live music and have a good time. I (21) am not into the club scene, so my main goal is to find somewhere where she will be comfortable, but I won't be the only barely legal one there. Anywhere like this? Just want something with a relaxed atmosphere, where street clothes are fine, unpretentious and fun! Have been hearing alot about Carnival Court, but I hear it's outside which may be an issue in July.

If it helps, I would rather her be comfortable and me be a little out of place then me be comfortable and her feel really out of place. We're staying at MGM for 10 nights so a few options for different nights would be nice!

Do people dance in the street on Fremont? Going there one night..

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, there's some dancing on Fremont. This might be your best bet. The crowd is all ages and there is often more than one band to choose from, so you can wander around until you find something you like. Carnival Court might work as well. Both are free, so if it's not your thing you've lost nothing but time. Either way, you'll want to hit the street when the sun goes down to avoid the heat.

3. VP PLAYER

VP PLAYER Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best place

From what your looking for I highly recommend Indigo's at Bally's. You will feel just fine there and mom can dance the night away. No cover (but may require the purchase of 2 drinks) lives bands and great people there. Have fun.

4. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks! Any idea how much drinks would be? Like say a domestic beer and a fruity cocktail of some kind?

5. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Toby Keiths is always a great time for some dancing if you're into country. My friends and I go at least once every trip.

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Atom may weigh in on this but you might consider taking her into Don't Tell Momma if you go downtown to Fremont. It is not dancing but it is a great time. I am almost 51 and love the place, plus it is full of 20-somethings. You could couple it with the free show coupon at LVA for the Jay Bolan Acustic show at Four Queens:

http://couponsinvegas.com/coupons.cfm?id=111

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.