1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pizza Rock Happy Hour Questions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasLover8, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

We are going to PIzza Rock right after we check in at the Plaza. Will probably get there around 4-4:30pm (middle of happy hour). We have never been and cant wait to try the pizza. And their draft list looks pretty good.

How is the lay out? Do they have a separate bar area and restaurant area?

I ask because Pizza Rock is on Open Table. If I reserve on Open table, will we be able to get happy hour prices? I know that in many restaurants, happy hour pricing is only valid in the bar area. But if they whole place is a bar, then everyone should get HH pricing - not just the people sitting at the bar counter.

2. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pizza Rock, 201 North 3rd Street at Downtown Grand, Las Vegas, NV 89101 | (702) 385-0838

3. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

There is a bar area (counter and high tops) that is first come, first serve. Reservations are for tables. Happy hour is available either place. The draft selection is great! Do try the meatballs. I'm not too fond of the pizzas on HH; ordering from the menu is a better choice. I use open table and never had a problem.

4. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Great! Looking forward to going. I was actually planning on getting one of their burgers for food. I was more concerned about the HH pricing on the beers if we sat at a table since there are at least 3 beers on the draft list that I wanted to try.

Based on your recommendation, I will order the meatballs now. Probably the calamari too. There are couple other guys going. So we will just share the apps.

5. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't go wrong with the meatballs. I really enjoyed the Burrata burger too. I agree with vegasbound about the HH pizzas; the menu options are better (I am partial to the Michigan Ave).

Are you going during a week day? If so, I probably wouldn't worry about trying to make a reservation during happy hour.

Their beer selection is solid.

6. cards4ever

cards4ever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Molinari on the HH menu, I think it's some of the best pizza I've ever had.

7. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Yea we are going on Wednesday. But it will be the 1st week of March Madness. Better safe than sorry. I booked a 345pm table.

The Burrata is actually the burger I was going with. I will tell my friends that the menu pizzas are better. We might have to go back a couple times. I would love to try the clam pizza. Will have to go back for that later in the trip

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.