1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pizza - On The Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas4pools, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really can't go wrong with pizza. It CAN be bad, but I don't come across that issue too often. But what about gourmet pizzas? I'm referring to specialty style pizzas- not your typical pizza... Margherita, goat cheese, pesto, white pizza, etc. I know there is a California Pizza Kitchen inside Mirage. While good, those are a dime a dozen here at home. Anybody have other recommendations?

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    give Wolfgang Puck's a shot in MGM. They are also open late night. Brick oven pizza with a really good crust and premium toppings. I really like their meatball pizza and the sausage one was good as well. Barbeque chicken was ok but not as good as the others. Ive had california pizza kitchen before and although it was good the pizza at wolfgang pucks in far better. They don't have a ton of choices but here is the pizza section of their menu.

Wood Oven Pizza
    “Cheese Pizza” – San Marzano Tomato Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil 16
    Wood Oven Roasted Mushrooms, Broccolini, Leeks, Thyme, Taleggio 16
    Roasted Chicken, House BBQ Sauce, Corn, Pasilla Peppers, Red Onions, Cilantro 17
    Meatball, Fresh Mozzarella, Oven Dried Tomatoes, Basil 18
    Prosciutto, Kalamata Olives, Oven Dried Tomatoes, Basil Pesto, Goat Cheese 18
    Italian Sausage, Roasted Peppers, Mushrooms, Smoked Ricotta, Onions, Parsley 16
    Spicy Sopressata, Salami Toscana, Pepperoni, Sausage, Red Onions, Goat Cheese, Jalapenos 17

3. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote would be for Grimaldi's Pizza. It's in the shops at Palazzo. We had absolutely excellent service when I was there and our bill for me and my GF was under $30. The pizza was fantastic too. Coal fired brick oven. Absolutely one of the best pizza's I've ever had. Since getting back I've wished there was one by me for awhile.

There's also the not so secret, secret pizza at Cosmo. It's not bad, but they've raised their prices a bit I feel since opening and it's lost a bit of its charm on me.

4. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would agree with Wolfgang Puck's @ MGM

Also, not sure when you are going to Vegas, but Five50 @ Aria opens in the Spring. That is supposed to be an upscale pizza restaurant.

5. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually never stay/play on the MGM end of the strip, but always think about the Puckster residing down there at a few places. And I did have the pesto shrimp pizza at Postrio a while back which I was satisfied with. Puck usually never let's me down. And I have planned to dine at WP Pizzeria & Cucina @ City Center next time. Looks like that establishment gets good reviews.

I'll have a greasy meat pizza here at home. A gourmet pie and glass (or two) of red wine while watching over the crowd is my delight.

6. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always stop at the Pizza shop inside the Wynn for a couple of slices. They have an outside patio with a view of a waterfall. Really nice place to grab a quick bite to eat and relax.

Tim:peace:

7. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grimaldi's at Fashion Show Mall and Palazzo shoppes area.

Excellent pizza.

8. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was actually going to post a similar question! Was wondering about New York Pizzeria at NYNY? Is it any better than Sirrico's? Also are Wolfgang Puck's pizzas big enough to share?

10. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanna say the wolfgang pizza's are about 12-14" but its a thin crust. I'm a big guy and 1 is definately enough for me without being too full. I don't think 1 pizza is enough for 2 people... but If you get one pizza and split an appetizer that should be enough.

11. Proud Mary

Proud Mary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grimaldi's is AMAZING!

I agree about grimaldi's. my friend owns a brick oven restaurant and when he travels he is always trying pizza and said grimaldi's is the best he ever had!!

12. vegasobsessed

vegasobsessed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't have a Grimaldi's at home, so it has become a Vegas "must do" for us. The best pizza I've had anywhere.

13. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and yes!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.