1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Picture Link for July 15 - 20 - Flamingo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by KVR, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KVR

KVR Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

2. LVRon

LVRon Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your photos!

What can you tell me about the hot air balloon? My wife and I would like to do this.

3. KVR

KVR Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw an advertisment for the hot air balloon when we were there in January, and this was the only thing DH insisted that we do on this trip. They advertised a 1-hour ride with champagne and picture for $150.00 p/p. A little deceptive. They booked 9 people for this ride. That means 4 people + the pilot in the basket and you only got 30 minutes per group. The basket is quite small and you had to be a little too friendly with strangers for room. No picture, but champagne with cheese and crackers after the 2nd group completed their ride. It was pretty cool though and we both enjoyed it.

They picked us up at our hotel at 5am. We drove to a school yard for them to set up the balloon. The first group sets off while the 2nd group follows behind in another vehicle. After about 30 min you set down in a field and switch riders. They go up about 30 min and we followed them and they eventually sat down in another field. They gave us champange, cheese and crackers while the other guys puts the balloon back up. You don't go very high. I kept thinking we were going to hit the tops of people's houses, but we didn't. They do sunset rides in the winter. I would have preferred that better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.