1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Phil's back?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Pun intended.

Heading to Augusta, please discuss.

2. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phil is always a wild card at Augusta. Augusta is a course where guys with a great short game and knowledge of the course have an advantage. However, Phil's course management is about like Tin Cup's. Sometimes that turns out great (the 13th in 2010), and sometimes not so great (the 4th in 2012 where he opted to try to hack his wayward tee shot out twice, before finally taking a drop). He makes things entertaining, but oftentimes is also his own worst enemy.

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phil will gut it out play through the injury and hopefully play well. Even though he's a top contender I doubt that he will be wearing the green jacket just because it's tough to beat the field and it's tough to play through a nagging injury.

With Tiger being out I need to see Lefty on the leader board on Sunday otherwise I might loose interest. Go Lefty!!!

4. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I do not like Phil Mickelson one bit and that is a topic for another thread, I am hoping he plays well at Augusta for the casual fan. I am all about the game I love getting the ratings and face time it deserves because it truly is the greatest game ever played in my opinion. With Tiger out that is an initial blow to ratings although they will still be sufficient because it is the Masters but it would go a long way to have a good leaderboard on the weekend including the guys like Phil, Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy and maybe a throwback like Fred Couples making a weekend push.

The best part about August is short of Tiger Woods for the past 17 years there is not really a certain type of golfer that succeeds at Augusta. That is what makes this even so great to me, the course is so tough, yet playable to all styles. Look at a guy like Zach Johnson who won by laying up on every par 5 for the week then someone like Bubba Watson who won and hasn't laid up maybe in his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.