1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Philadelphia 76ers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate them because:

1. They suck.

2. They suck on purpose.

3. They would still suck even if they weren't trying to suck.

4. Management is too stupid to do the math that if they are sucking on purpose to get a high lottery pick, it only improves their chances very marginally. These are the people who split 10's and swear it's a great play.

I had a 26 game season ticket in the late '70's through the early '80's so I can say without any fear of criticism that I have witnessed some of the greatest players (Erving, Malone, Cheeks, Jabbar, Bird, Johnson, and so on) and teams (Lakers, Celtics, Sixers). Unfortunately, I had to give it up before Jordan came to prominence. And yes, I know what suck is because I went through the 9 - 73 season.

It was incredible and thrilling to watch Dr. J play from Row 4.

I loved this team back then. It is horrible what management is doing.

It just sucks.:thumbsdown:

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sixers and Celtics back in the 80's was a great rival. You forgot the biggest Celtic's killer of all time Andrew Toney IMHO he used to kill us

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  3. speedfile

speedfile Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Knicks are worst.

4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to see them bring back some wins for the faithfull as well.Have some good memories of the Spectrum later 80's,scalping tix outside and having 'one for the road' post games at one of the neighborhood bars.Philly is a cool sports town imo.

5. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent watched an NBA game in who knows when. Last time I followed it was when the Knicks had Frazier,Monroe ,the twin towers ,Ewing and forgot his name. Coach was Hubie Brown who was a HS coach and teacher in my HS when I went there. Cant believe he's still doing NBA play-by-play. Off the court he's a great guy with a super sense of humor.Great success story also,grew up a poor kid in Elizabeth NJ,his dad was the janitor at the Caholic HS where he went. All the guys from HS always could approach him at NBA warm-ups and I remember him bringing me down on the court at the Garden about 20 years after HS. That shut up the guys I was with who said I was BSing when I said I knew him.
    I still watch college ball ,the locals anyway.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a fan of the plan that Hinkie has because, unfortunately unlike the NFL, you have to get bad to get better in the NBA. You have to clear the dead cap space from the guaranteed contracts that can weigh a franchise down if the players signed to those contracts end up being shitty.

Hinkie has a good pedigree from working under Morey in Houston and Brett Brown has that Spurs/Popovich pedigree. So they have a 1-2 combo there that is very smart.

They have Embiid on the mend and he's got massive potential. Throw in Noel, Carter-Williams, Wroten and Covington and you have a nice young group of guys who are learning and improving.

Yeah it sucks to see them stink the joint up but its for the greater good. Is it guaranteed they will be great? Nope. But this is the way the NBA is built now...

So I am all in on this plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.