1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Peppermill or Hash House A Go Go

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by RedRiverRose, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there another Hash House besides A Go GO? I am assuming so, if not I don't know why people keep using the full name when just calling it the Hash House would do. What are the names of the other Hash Houses besides A Go GO?

Just curious, thanks.

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Hash House (mary´s) on 2605 S. Decatur. It has nothing to do with HHAGG as far as i know. Always use a restaurants full name if you are not sure to avoid confusion.

http://hashouse.com/home.htm

3. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has closing been discussed regarding Peppermill? Is it because of the Rivera closing? Many years ago they closed the one in California that was in a great location and had excellent business. Don't know why.

4. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are very overrated.

Many better breakfast options........Mon Ami Gabi, Tableau, Bouchon, Terrace Cafe just to name a few.

5. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HHAGG is overrated, IMHO. Peppermill is pretty good, service can be spotty on the weekends. If you have a car, I also suggest Black Bear Diner or Eggs and I.

I will try the Margaritaville breakfast, sounds like a nice peaceful view. I need that most mornings.

6. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only eaten at the original HHAGG way off the strip, but I wouldn't recommend it. Can't remember what we had (it was years ago) but I remember while mine was ok, my wife's meal was terrible.

Never had a bad meal at Peppermill, and we hit it for breakfast at least once a trip. If you're going on a weekend or during prime breakfast hours, definitely call ahead and make a reservation or else you could be waiting for a long time.

TFK

7. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a good breakfast at Guy Fieri's place at the Linq.

8. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peppermill

9. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had breakfast there and it was just ok.

10. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So upstairs at Margaritaville has breakfast? I never knew that

I never heard of Peppermill, is it close center strip, I'll look for it next trip

And can't believe the hate for HHAGG, I love it. I have only had the chicken and waffles, and Andys sage fried chicken benedict. both are AWESOME, but yes, too much food.

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peppermill is like a 5-10 minute walk north of Encore. As far as HHAGG, one man´s trash is another man´s treasure.

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a longtime since I have been to either...and I liked them both. But lean towards the Peppermill because of the great bar. After breakfast go for a bloody mary or what ever ya drink.

13. Simpatt

Simpatt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Peppermill last week and loved the ambiance, lighting and most of all the food was awesome!! We went for breakfast

14. dball213

dball213 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I love Mon Ami. I've eaten at the HHAGG at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. I enjoyed it. But could only finish half the plate of chicken and waffles. I would like to check out the Peppermill. We've just never gotten there. I'll be in town for Rush in July with my friend. Maybe we'll go.

15. vegasfan2010

vegasfan2010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried Hash House A Go Go at Rio in Vegas, last September.
    NOT impressed. Portion size was okay but the food was too oily and greasy.
    No plan to return.

16. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had a bad meal at HHAGG and last time we went there 4 times because we won 4 - $25 g.c. and had 4 cheap meals, (the price was right)

love going to peppermill for the ambiance and I just get a banana split (unable to finish it myself), and hubby gets sandwich with a side of onion rings

17. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easiest question of all time...Peppermill is the choice. Even if some feel it's a push on food quality, you still have to choose Peppermill for the history and vintage feel. HHAGG is relatively typical except for the potion sizes which, as in many places, values style and size over content and taste. My wife and an out of town visitor will be at the Peppermill tomorrow.

18. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved HHAGG my first couple of visits as well, but the menu got old, and I feel their selection is limited. That's why I love Peppermill. Way more variety in my opinion. And the ambiance is THE BEST! Like I said earlier, neither are gourmet breakfast to compete with the Bouchon's of the world. However, I prefer my meals to be more light hearted and less fancy, so Peppermill fits perfectly!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.