1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Penn and Teller

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by FullBoat, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone seen their show? And, is it worth it? I always like watching them on TV, just wondering if their show lives up to it.

And, is it better to get tickets before I get there, or wait and try at one of the discount places?

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes its a great show and yes u can usualy get discounts , have a blast

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you enjoyed watching them on TV, then you will like this show. I haven't seen it sell out, so you should be able to wait until the day of the show and search out a discount

4. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've gone a dozen or so times over the years, we love it. I even got pulled up on stage once!

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it and from what I remembered I liked it. I got waaaay to drunk before it and had a hard time focusing on it, need to see it again.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Penn.. and his podcast, but, the show was just ok for me. My #1 tip would be get good seats. I didn't understand a lot of the tricks, like I didn't understand what they were trying to do... I don't know if that was because my seats weren't great or because I'm stupid haha. But, I think it would have been a more interactive experience if I was right up front.

Mezzanie seats are reasonable. If you want good seats, you may have to just pay full fair.
    http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas/-50-Vegas-Celeb-Comics-Penn-amp-Teller-at-the-Rio-40-Off-1804333/

7. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen their show at least five times; enjoyed each and everyone of their performances. I would suggest spending a little extra in order to get good seats (first 6 row, center section) in order to better see what is going on. After the show, they both are out in the hallway and more than happy to chat with you and pose for pictures. My son is 6 ft 2 inches and almost looked like a midget standing next to Penn.

Winter break
  8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

They have had their best days, and are just pretty much repeating old stuff and resting on their laurels, so to speak. The act is still okay. It was more fun for us because my wife was pulled into the act. She got to keep the fishbowl. We returned after the show the next night and got Teller to autograph it. It's magic, so it's better to be front and center, but frankly, I knew how they did most of it before they even did it.

9. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't disagree more. I saw their show earlier this month for the first time in several years and only two parts of the act were repeats from the show years prior. There was even a new bit they admitted was a work in progress that they had only been practicing for a couple months.

10. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be a little different here and say it was a buzzkill. We were having fun that night, had dinner with lots of drinks and then went in there and we thought it was lame. There was political rhetoric too. Would never go back.

11. bardolator

Well, just as one example, I first saw the bullet catch- the big finish of the act- on television by another performer back in the 1950's. True, they have jazzed it up considerably, but the payoff remains the same. If that piece of overblown nonsense has not been replaced, I would not attend again.

12. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still had the bullet catch last October. Lame

13. des.reynolds

des.reynolds Newbie

I saw this show last night and am amazed by some of the negative comments on here!
    The show is great - the tricks are plentiful and high quality. Yes it's true a couple of tricks are classics especially the bullet catch - but then it's a really top quality trick and their signature piece - no one complains about Elton not singing enough new numbers !
    The show does have a clear political point of view and I suspect this alienates some !

14. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too thought it was a good show. Don't know if I'd see 3 time but ya I thought it was fun.
    I would recommend it to people to see at least once.

15. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have ended the show with the magic bullet trick for many years now. It was one of two bits that were repeats from when I last saw the show several years ago. For a two hour show to be about 85% new since I last saw it, I consider that pretty good. If you only want to see new entertainment you have never seen before, you probably shouldn't go to a magic show. They are all just variations on tricks that have been around for more than a century

16. bardolator

Penn's libertarianism is well known. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I thought the act was rather tame. Can't see why anybody would find it offensive even if they disagreed. The "Bullshit" television series from several years back was much more controversial than anything we saw in the act.

17. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with that 100%. They certainly expressed a certain viewpoint, but not in any controversial way. I would say the most "controversial" comments they made were that they don't like being scanned by the TSA and a comment about human rights in China. And neither comment was really presented in a confrontational way. Oh, and they say that mind readers are full of shit. Is that controversial, lol? I hope not

18. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I saw their act a couple of years ago I reckon I'd seen about 50% of it on tv before. They are good showmen so even the tricks you've seen before are entertaining.

As has been said, they both are available in the exit corridor after the show for free photos, so make sure you bring a camera of some sort.

19. NewtoVegas2014

NewtoVegas2014 Tourist

I just saw their show for the first time and I really enjoyed it! The Libertarianism didn't bother us at all. We bought tickets that morning at Tix4Tonight for $61/person. They were the highest level - but then once we got there, we tipped an usher for ground level seats. Worth noting is that Penn & Teller hang out in the lobby after the show and will sign autographs and take pictures with everyone.

A big thing to consider though is after the show, everyone is leaving to go somewhere else. We spent 90 minutes in the taxi line.

20. rebirth

rebirth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I request my RCs on this show? If so, can I call them and use it? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.